Broken Antler Fen Dead girl!
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,008 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The two strangers grew defensive and Towhee felt her bile rising. Something was very, very wrong here. The second arrival took a step closer and she finally managed to parse some words. "She isn't with us any longer," the stranger said and Towhee's eyes flicked sideways to watch the other she-wolf look tearfully to the sky. Her orange gaze cut back in time to catch the clarification, lest Towhee think Wraen had simply wandered elsewhere.

She should've been used to this, by now. How many loved ones had she lost along the way? But it somehow never hurt any less. Towhee's lips parted, her eyes bulging a little. Wraen was dead? The Sovereign slithered half a step backward, reeling. She wanted to deny it, to scream at these two strangers for saying something so awful. But Towhee could read faces and bodies well and her stomach knotted at the authenticity of their grief.

Her chest and throat felt tight and her stomach rolled. She clamped her mouth shut to quell the urge to throw up. But it opened a moment later as Towhee suddenly swiped out a paw and hit a clump of grass with such force that it ripped out by the roots and went flying with a clod of dirt. It wasn't enough. Towhee spotted a large stick a few feet away and lunged at it with violence.

Something else surged out of her mouth in lieu of vomit. Towhee couldn't hear herself but she let out an absolutely unearthly scream. She could feel it ripping loose from her throat, almost like she was breathing fire as she raged at the stick, snapping it into pieces and flinging them every which way. By the time they were all gone, she was bleeding in several places and out of breath, collapsing on the ground.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Dead girl! - by Towhee - June 13, 2021, 08:09 PM
RE: Dead girl! - by Teya - June 14, 2021, 07:59 PM
RE: Dead girl! - by Ibis (Ghost) - June 14, 2021, 08:22 PM
RE: Dead girl! - by Towhee - June 15, 2021, 08:50 AM
RE: Dead girl! - by Teya - June 15, 2021, 08:12 PM
RE: Dead girl! - by Ibis (Ghost) - June 15, 2021, 08:20 PM
RE: Dead girl! - by Towhee - June 15, 2021, 08:52 PM
RE: Dead girl! - by Teya - June 15, 2021, 09:06 PM
RE: Dead girl! - by Ibis (Ghost) - June 15, 2021, 09:41 PM
RE: Dead girl! - by Towhee - June 15, 2021, 09:54 PM
RE: Dead girl! - by Eljay - June 16, 2021, 02:25 AM