Redhawk Caldera Waayo waayo.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,008 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She didn't expect that question, though she didn't particularly mind it either. Towhee had never heard herself, of course, but she was well aware that she spoke differently than others. It didn't always come up so explicitly, though she would much rather Vesper's question than some of the severer reactions she'd gotten over time.

"Wait, I talk funny?" she joked, winking before quickly explaining, "I'm actually deaf and it affects the way I talk. I don't really know why, just that it does." Towhee paused to let that sink in before adding, "If you're wondering how I can hear you, I can't. But I can read your lips some and use context to fill in the rest."

Surely that might lead to more questions, though before Vesper could spring any more of them, Towhee put on her best conspiratorial face and informed her, -"And we actually speak a secret language here. It's called ptero. Every word I'm saying, I'm also signing. I'd be happy to teach you."- In fact, sharing the conlang was one of Towhee's favorite things to do with new members.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Waayo waayo. - by Towhee - September 26, 2021, 01:26 PM
RE: Waayo waayo. - by Vesper - September 26, 2021, 01:53 PM
RE: Waayo waayo. - by Towhee - September 26, 2021, 04:07 PM
RE: Waayo waayo. - by Vesper - September 29, 2021, 06:57 PM
RE: Waayo waayo. - by Towhee - September 30, 2021, 12:05 PM
RE: Waayo waayo. - by Vesper - October 03, 2021, 06:48 PM
RE: Waayo waayo. - by Towhee - October 03, 2021, 10:11 PM
RE: Waayo waayo. - by Vesper - October 04, 2021, 09:48 PM
RE: Waayo waayo. - by Towhee - October 05, 2021, 10:45 AM
RE: Waayo waayo. - by Vesper - October 05, 2021, 06:18 PM
RE: Waayo waayo. - by Towhee - October 05, 2021, 07:04 PM