Redhawk Caldera We'll wind up at Jilly's right after Toot's Shore.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,026 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
That was something she could definitely change. She should go do that, right now. Before Towhee could act on that thought, something came flying at her without warning (she hadn't heard his cry, of course). The Sovereign just about jumped out of her skin and let out a startled sound of surprise, somewhere between a scream and a snarl.

The instant she realized it was only Killdeer, Towhee felt a little awful. "Shit, kiddo, you gave me a frighten!" she crowed, clutching at her chest and beginning to laugh. Gods, she just hoped her overreaction hadn't scared him right back, although maybe he'd think twice before running up on his deaf grandmother next time.

She didn't want him to feel even one second of fear or guilt, though, not on her account. "C'mere, you," she said much more gently, trying to hook an arm around his shoulders and hug him close. "Missed you, Killer. Did you get up to anything interesting while I was gone?" she asked, pulling back to look him in the face.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: We'll wind up at Jilly's right after Toot's Shore. - by Towhee - October 03, 2021, 10:19 PM