Redhawk Caldera Do you think you're better off alone?
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,008 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
Meerkat will be an NPC.

Towhee wondered if some sort of Spidey sense was summoning all the wayward Redhawks back for a visit. She wouldn't examine it too closely. She was just glad for Meerkat's company today. After reassuring her Caracal had made it home only to head out adventuring with @Killdeer, then apprising her daughter of the situation here, Towhee's attention naturally wandered to tall, dark and handsome. She needn't even ask, her whole face said it for her: "Who's this?"

Meerkat seemed quite shocked by the news but recovered enough to introduce her companion as @Issorartuyok, the Alpha of Duskfire Glacier. Towhee grinned like a Cheshire cat, at least on the inside. Damn, girl, way to go. Outwardly, she maintained an expression of calm, cool curiosity as she regarded the swarthy dude her daughter may or may not have bagged.

Naturally, the yearling wondered if Towhee would consider coming back with them to the glacier. She wouldn't dream of infringing on Meerkat's space, especially not after she'd gone to such lengths to carve out a life of her own, but she said, "I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet but I'll keep it in mind. Thanks."

She wondered how many grandchildren she might have come springtime, not that she would know them, at least not the way she'd known Killdeer. It was definitely tempting to wedge herself in with Bronco and Fennec, or Meerkat and her possible new beau. She loved helping raise grandchildren. But they had gone their own ways for a reason, right? At long last, she had come to accept this most bittersweet fact of life. Towhee would be happy for them, from a distance. She could always visit.

Meanwhile, she had begun to realize she might end up completely and totally alone when all was said and done. And while that was a massive paradigm shift for her after living her entire life with the Redhawks, what was even more shocking was just how much she was already making her peace with it. It was almost a relief, in a strange way. If you didn't have anything, after all, you had nothing to lose.

Catching herself lost in thought, Towhee blinked, focused and said, "Tell me about yourself, Issorartuyok. And tell me: what are your intentions with my daughter?"
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Do you think you're better off alone? - by Towhee - November 23, 2021, 03:41 PM
RE: Do you think you're better off alone? - by Issorartuyok - November 23, 2021, 03:56 PM
RE: Do you think you're better off alone? - by Towhee - November 23, 2021, 04:06 PM
RE: Do you think you're better off alone? - by Issorartuyok - November 23, 2021, 04:45 PM
RE: Do you think you're better off alone? - by Towhee - November 23, 2021, 05:36 PM
RE: Do you think you're better off alone? - by Issorartuyok - November 26, 2021, 03:03 PM
RE: Do you think you're better off alone? - by Towhee - November 27, 2021, 10:21 AM
RE: Do you think you're better off alone? - by Issorartuyok - November 30, 2021, 11:45 PM