Heron Lake Plateau she's tore up plenty, but she'll fly true
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,983 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Towhee's attempt to deflect worked, though only for a moment. When Finley put that particular announcement on pause and redirected the limelight back to her, she braced herself. Despite her thick skin and perfunctory preparation, however, her godmother's words speared right through her, hurting her feelings badly. She stiffened her upper lip, though anyone who was paying attention would probably notice the telltale wobble.

"That's not—" she began, the word "fair" jamming up against her suddenly clenched teeth. Towhee paused and took a breath. "It's not like that. You said you trusted my judgment, right?" Her orange eyes bored into her aunt's face, not out of daring or challenge. Her gaze was beseeching. "Right? Well, I'm making a judgment call here, a tough one. But honestly? I think it's for the best. It makes sense. And Raven deserves it. Hell, Quixote too."

That was all she meant to say, though the wound Finley's words had cut into her burned and she couldn't help but say, "I never asked to be an Alpha. I'm not saying I didn't appreciate the opportunity or the fact you thought I'd do well with it. But—real talk? I'm obviously not that great at it and, you know what? It's not—" Her voice cut off as she searched for the right phrase. "—it's not that big a deal. The pack's in capable hands and I'm not quitting. I'm still right here. But," she finished, eyes suddenly shifting guiltily off to the side even as she signed, -for what it's worth, I'm really sorry for disappointing you.-
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
she's tore up plenty, but she'll fly true - by Raven - May 07, 2018, 02:29 PM
RE: she's tore up plenty, but she'll fly true - by Towhee - May 08, 2018, 09:53 PM