Heron Lake Plateau I'm working on my backwards walk, walking with no shoes or socks.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Quixote's question took her by surprise. She blinked, then shrugged her white-streaked shoulders and told him, "That's your call." Even while serving as Beta, she hadn't dabbled with ranks much, leaving that to the leading pair. Although she appreciated the sentiment behind his query, Towhee didn't actually care that much; her title would make no difference in how she went about her life here.

She noticed the slump of her older sister's shoulders and recognized Raven's acceptance. Towhee touched her nose to the medic's cheek. "I'll still be your right-hand man," she said. She considered amending to "woman" but wasn't "man" technically correct? She had long since grown used to her extra assets and rarely thought of them these days. "Just informally."

And while it wasn't her place any longer to decide ranks—her own or others'—Towhee revisited her initial point: "Like I said, it's totally up to you if you decide to go with Colt. But I do think Niamh would be a great Beta either way. Nobody can replace me," she continued, shooting Raven a coltish wink, "but Niamh's a worthy successor." She left it at that, as it was really up to them to decide between themselves.

"Anyway, ranks are boring," Towhee said overly loudly in the next moment. "Where are my nieces and nephew at?" She squinted toward the den, shamelessly hoping her booming voice had woken them so they'd come out and play with her.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm working on my backwards walk, walking with no shoes or socks. - by Towhee - September 30, 2018, 11:06 AM