Twisted Slough And heart to heart you'll win, if you survive
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,027 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
When Fen countered her suggestion, Towhee said nothing. Maybe she would bring up the idea again later, when it wasn't the heat of the moment, because she felt certain her daughter could master a tool like that. But Fennec would know better than anyone what would work for her, so the mercenary didn't plan to push it.

Her head cocked at the yearling's next few words. Towhee wondered what it sounded like, though it wasn't really something she could conceptualize too well. "Okay," she replied simply, moving so that her shoulder and hip bumped her daughter's. "Come on, let's go this way."

Towhee led Fennec toward a shallower part of the stream, grimacing as she dipped in her toes and hissing when she plunged into the deeper water near the middle. Luckily, it only brushed her belly. Clenching her teeth, she kept a close eye on Fen and made sure to stay near to her. She didn't bother to shake herself when she reached the far side, not with the rain still pouring.

"We're home," she announced not long after, wondering if she was telling Fen something she already knew.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
And heart to heart you'll win, if you survive - by Fennec - January 18, 2020, 04:43 PM
RE: And heart to heart you'll win, if you survive - by Towhee - January 26, 2020, 11:12 AM