Sun Mote Copse Hit your heart.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,008 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
They quickly welled and began to spill down her cheeks. She knew that if Meerkat wanted to do this, she shouldn't hold her back, but she was just so young. Towhee had seen this coming, after learning of the girl's aspirations and witnessing her love of traveling firsthand, yet not so soon. She had expected her to wait until she was a yearling before taking off like her brother and sister before her. She sniffed, grappling with the reality that, no matter how tightly she tried to hold onto Meerkat, it wouldn't do any good.

Something pinched her tail and the emotional she-wolf flinched, whirling quickly. She swallowed the instinctive impulse to snarl, since she was inside the territory and she doubted she was being attacked. In fact, it was just one of the twins, with a mouthful of leaves. She dropped them and gazed up at the weeping Sovereign, offering comfort. It was such a sweet gesture (and honestly made her think of Meerkat's penchant for such), so naturally she began crying all the harder and found herself unable to speak.

She made an effort to sign, -I'm sorry, I'm okay.- Of course, that probably wasn't reassuring, given her state. Towhee hiccuped unattractively even as Q careened onto the scene, dropping a stone before exchanging a look with her sister and darting off again. Towhee didn't catch what she'd said, beyond her own name. She gulped and put an honest effort into stemming the tears, a foreleg coming up to swipe aggressively across her wet eyes and snotty nose.

-"I'm okay,"- Towhee croaked, fibbing because she didn't want to burden the younger kids with her complicated emotions, -"especially now that you're here. What're those?"- she asked thickly, pointing a toe at the enormous leaves even as tears continued slipping down her muzzle.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Hit your heart. - by Towhee - July 27, 2020, 09:58 AM
RE: Hit your heart. - by Alyx - July 27, 2020, 01:42 PM
RE: Hit your heart. - by Quetzal - July 28, 2020, 10:46 AM
RE: Hit your heart. - by Towhee - July 28, 2020, 03:50 PM
RE: Hit your heart. - by Alyx - August 10, 2020, 11:01 AM
RE: Hit your heart. - by Quetzal - August 19, 2020, 04:10 PM
RE: Hit your heart. - by Towhee - August 21, 2020, 01:09 PM
RE: Hit your heart. - by Alyx - August 29, 2020, 07:28 PM
RE: Hit your heart. - by Quetzal - September 10, 2020, 07:15 PM
RE: Hit your heart. - by Towhee - September 14, 2020, 10:49 AM