Sun Mote Copse I've never been what I know I should be oh,
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,026 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She paced along the borders, more keyed up than usual from all the hurry up and wait. It also felt a little like a waste of time, fortifying borders they might abandon any day now. But it wasn't. The decision wasn't made yet and the copse would need to be defended and protected until the very last moment, even if they did disembark. Anyway, she wasn't just out here to patrol; she also kept her eyes peeled for any sign of Hydra, mentally summoning her sister-in-arms to stop by soon. Even if Niamh and Eljay vouched for the caldera and Phox returned with Raven's blessing, Towhee did not want to uproot until she had a chance to consult with her nearest allies'—and potential next door neighbors'—leader as well.

When Hydra appeared in the distance, a paler shadow gliding alongside her, Towhee actually stopped in her tracks to rub at her eyes, wondering if she'd procured a mirage out of sheer force of will. But they were still there, getting closer every second, two welcome blots against a dreary October backdrop. They approached at a perpendicular angle and the Sovereign remained where she'd halted, tail raising and waving when she saw the pup toss her head skyward and howl. It fell on deaf ears, though it lured Towhee to them all the same.

"It's good to see you," she said a little breathlessly as she closed the distance, reaching out to nip at Hydra's black cheek before turning to regard Mintaka. At least, she was pretty sure this was Mintaka. "Thanks for coming, both of you." The pup's presence here would change her agenda slightly, although that was just as well. The possible move was more pressing, weighing much more heavily on her mind at present. There was plenty of time to talk about more personal issues with Hydra in private later, perhaps after the Firebirds resettled in at the caldera...

"I called you here to ask you something," Towhee said truthfully enough, "but before I get into it, is there any news about Mira?"
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
I've never been what I know I should be oh, - by Hydra - October 28, 2020, 08:29 PM
RE: I've never been what I know I should be oh, - by Towhee - October 28, 2020, 09:18 PM
RE: I've never been what I know I should be oh, - by Hydra - October 30, 2020, 10:10 AM
RE: I've never been what I know I should be oh, - by Mintaka - November 07, 2020, 08:36 PM
RE: I've never been what I know I should be oh, - by Towhee - November 09, 2020, 09:27 PM
RE: I've never been what I know I should be oh, - by Hydra - November 09, 2020, 11:54 PM
RE: I've never been what I know I should be oh, - by Towhee - December 06, 2020, 10:43 PM