Redhawk Caldera I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,002 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
He said he was sorry and Towhee wondered what for. Was he expressing condolences for the pups or his regrets about Reyes? They were both total losses. She felt shakier than ever and had to take a seat. Phox began to move closer as if to offer comfort but the Sovereign found herself pulling away from any physical contact.

-To answer your question more directly,- she said after a beat, -no, I'm not okay. I'm...- She felt a flush traveling from her core, warming her chest, throat and face. -I'm fucking angry.- Abruptly, the shaking grew much worse, so she stopped signing until she got herself back under control. She wasn't angry with him—she understood he hadn't had any choice but to do what he'd done, even if she didn't like it—and wanted to explain.

When she could, she continued, -I've never wanted to be with someone like this. I never needed or wanted a mate. But then I opened my heart to it. I let myself think I could have the husband, the kids, the big, happy family...- Towhee was shaking again, though she stopped trying to control it now as the rest came out at sudden volume. "I didn't even get to enjoy it for a whole... fucking... DAY... before it was all TAKEN FROM ME. DESTROYED."

Towhee snapped. She whipped to the side, finding a small rock. She wrapped it in her paw and then flung it as a scream of anguish and rage ripped loose from her chest. Before it had even hit the ground, she found a stick and attacked it with fang and claw, still shrieking like an absolute banshee through it.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose. - by Towhee - March 06, 2021, 02:54 PM
RE: I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose. - by Phox - March 06, 2021, 03:02 PM
RE: I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose. - by Towhee - March 06, 2021, 03:08 PM
RE: I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose. - by Phox - March 06, 2021, 04:55 PM
RE: I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose. - by Towhee - March 06, 2021, 04:59 PM
RE: I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose. - by Phox - March 06, 2021, 05:08 PM
RE: I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose. - by Towhee - March 06, 2021, 05:22 PM
RE: I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose. - by Phox - March 06, 2021, 05:28 PM
RE: I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose. - by Towhee - March 06, 2021, 05:43 PM
RE: I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose. - by Phox - March 07, 2021, 10:04 AM
RE: I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose. - by Towhee - March 07, 2021, 11:07 AM