Redhawk Caldera I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,002 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The logical next step might've been to dissolve into tears and sob her heart out while her brother comforted her. But Towhee didn't shed a single tear. She continued attacking inanimate objects until she was breathing heavily, her already dry throat soon becoming raw and hoarse. When she grew still, her legs trembled and she just stood there a moment, collecting herself.

She didn't feel better at all, though when she finally faced Phox again, her heartbeat had slowed and she didn't feel like she was on the edge of losing it, seeing as she'd already lost it. Letting out a long, noisy breath, Towhee moved to stand across from him again. She probably should've apologized for the tantrum, yet the Sovereign didn't offer one.

She did try to explain some more. -I gave them names: Blackbird and Butterfly.- They looked just like me. Butterfly even had my same orange markings, Towhee thought but didn't say. Her lips twisted. -But they weren't the only ones. I can feel the others kicking.- She took comfort in that, and knowing they would not want for a father figure despite Reyes's exile.

Her mouth went dry as she thought of him. Towhee wasn't sure she'd loved him yet, though she had certainly grown very attached. But as she reflected on what he'd done to Niamh, she couldn't help but remember his reaction about surnames. Her orange eyes fell to her feet. She thought she'd come to know him quite well but the reality was, she hadn't known him at all. And now she never would. She didn't want to.

Only then did she feel like she might cry, yet Towhee only sniffed and bared her teeth instead. If she needed to lean into her anger to get through this, then that's exactly what she would do.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose. - by Towhee - March 06, 2021, 02:54 PM
RE: I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose. - by Phox - March 06, 2021, 03:02 PM
RE: I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose. - by Towhee - March 06, 2021, 03:08 PM
RE: I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose. - by Phox - March 06, 2021, 04:55 PM
RE: I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose. - by Towhee - March 06, 2021, 04:59 PM
RE: I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose. - by Phox - March 06, 2021, 05:08 PM
RE: I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose. - by Towhee - March 06, 2021, 05:22 PM
RE: I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose. - by Phox - March 06, 2021, 05:28 PM
RE: I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose. - by Towhee - March 06, 2021, 05:43 PM
RE: I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose. - by Phox - March 07, 2021, 10:04 AM
RE: I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose. - by Towhee - March 07, 2021, 11:07 AM