Bramblepoint I'll follow you way down to your deepest low.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,983 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Too busy trying to wrestle her anger into submission, she missed Bronco's half-question. She swallowed and took some deep breaths, centering herself by focusing on the occasional stirring in her midsection. Feeling them certainly grounded her somewhat, though she had to close her eyes, breathe in through her mouth and out through her nose for a second before she felt like she was back in some semblance of control.

Her flaming gaze locked on Bronco just in time to catch the second sentence and beyond. It was definitely more complicated than that. She wanted to explain that to him, how she had to prioritize her pregnant Regent over own mate. She wanted to tell him that she couldn't be sure whose side Phox would take and how much she didn't want to put him in that position. Things were already precarious enough at the caldera, that could create a schism that would implode the pack entirely.

"It's not that simple," Towhee said, "and I shouldn't be unloading this on you." She grimaced, in part because now one of the pups was kicking her bladder. "But Reyes broke her leg. That's indefensible. I know she probably started it but he shouldn't have done what he did. Whatever else your mom is, she's pregnant." She dropped her head and rubbed a paw between her eyes.

When she dropped her foot again, morbid curiosity prompted Towhee to ask, "Remind me why your first reaction to all this was to offer to off her...?"
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: I'll follow you way down to your deepest low. - by Towhee - March 14, 2021, 11:10 PM