Redhawk Caldera you always knew you'd be the one to work while they all play
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,008 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
When Fennec arrived and her elder and younger daughters began to play, it put Towhee's resolve to the test right away. And she immediately realized there was no way she could simply shut off her feelings for her children, no matter how much loving them hurt, especially when they left. Maybe she did need to harden her heart, though, against the pain rather than her loved ones.

She watched them in silence, the Regent's presence reminding Towhee that she had survived Fen's comings and goings. And look at her now: a fixture here at home, with a child of her own and a leadership rank. Of course, she was the exception to the rule. What about Figment? Alyx and Quetzal? Even Meerkat was rather flighty. But Towhee figured they were happy out there, doing their own thing, and that's all that mattered.

Of course, Tierra wasn't necessarily happy, or safe. She was only three months old. Her case was entirely different and Towhee was stupid to think even for a moment that she could simply accept her daughter's absence and let it go. She didn't know what she could actively do about it right now, though the Sovereign exhaled and let the pain and sense of loss flow freely through her.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)