Redhawk Caldera Tea for three plus one.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,008 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Well, what the fuck, was Towhee's only truly coherent thought when her well-meaning question evidently rubbed Maegi the wrong way. Before the Sovereign could decide whether it was worth it to harsh her own vibe by reacting, she felt her daughter press to her side. She looked over at Sphyra, catching most of what she said, but by the time she looked back toward Maegi, she was gone.

The Sovereign drew in a breath, eyes narrowing despite herself. When Sphyra questioned her about Maegi, her face softened once again. There were so many ways she could answer that question. Right now, she was the bitchy wife of her murderer, rapist brother, according to Towhee's inner voice. Some might've said Towhee had anger management issues, though she didn't mind that particular emotion compared to anxiety and depression. Nonetheless, she breathed in and out, trying to center herself a bit.

-"She's nobody,"- was her answer, probably the coldest thing she could've said. She snorted dismissively.

Pretty soon, all thoughts of Maegi were forgotten when Sphyrapicus shared the news about her twin sister. -"Um, what?"- Towhee blurted before she could stop herself. -"That's where I was, she wasn't th—did she try to come see me?"- Towhee wondered, loosing an earthquake of a groan.

She surprised herself a little by feeling more exasperated than worried. Raven was good but not so good that Towhee could simply shrug off anything stressful. So why wasn't she freaking out a bit more? Tierra was edging closer to adulthood and—assuming she'd found her way there, of course—she would be in great company with the Frosthawks. Besides, hadn't Towhee always told herself to shift her perspective about these sorts of things? Her kids were going to grow up and leave. That's just how things worked, a lot of the time.

She let out a sigh, nonetheless. -"Okay. Well, I'm glad I can depend on you to be grownup and hold down the fort,"- Towhee said to Sphyra, offering her a nudge. -"Really means a lot, kiddo. Now how about we find that baby brother of yours..."- She grinned as she thought of Caracal. Of course, her use of "baby" was affectionate rather than condescending but she hoped Sphyra would appreciate it nonetheless.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Tea for three plus one. - by Towhee - September 22, 2021, 11:38 AM
RE: Tea for three plus one. - by Maegi - September 22, 2021, 06:39 PM
RE: Tea for three plus one. - by Sphyra - September 24, 2021, 02:38 AM
RE: Tea for three plus one. - by Towhee - September 26, 2021, 01:15 PM
RE: Tea for three plus one. - by Maegi - September 26, 2021, 02:53 PM
RE: Tea for three plus one. - by Sphyra - September 28, 2021, 07:30 AM
RE: Tea for three plus one. - by Towhee - September 28, 2021, 10:53 AM
RE: Tea for three plus one. - by Maegi - October 01, 2021, 11:21 AM
RE: Tea for three plus one. - by Sphyra - October 05, 2021, 06:46 AM
RE: Tea for three plus one. - by Towhee - October 05, 2021, 10:35 AM
RE: Tea for three plus one. - by Sphyra - October 20, 2021, 03:29 AM