Porcupine Ridge Greenland fisheries.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,029 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
It didn't surprise her in the least to hear that Ruenna had found a hard place and softened its edges. That's just what she did. "She had the same effect on the caldera, when we ruled together. I was the brawn, she was the brains of the operation... and the heart. She's really good at balancing things out. And she's a hell of a diplomat," which was something Towhee had often undervalued, frankly.

Germanicus promised to give Ruenna the life she deserved and Towhee could only twitch her tail and smile. Of course, hearing about Rue's happy ending—and Meerkat's too—made her a little more aware of her own station in life these days. She wasn't unhappy, by any means, but without any plans or prospects of her own, it did make her feel a bit adrift. She'd always been a leader, a mother, and now she was neither. What was her purpose?

You're a kisisak and a mentor, Towhee reminded herself. Guardianship was important. Yet after witnessing Kukutux's heat, then hearing about everyone else's plans for litters, it did make her wonder about her stance. She would not soon forget how it had made her feel, discussing her right to breed with the "moon woman." Towhee didn't begrudge her personally, it just didn't feel right, not after years of being a matriarch in her own damn right...

Blinking, she realized her thoughts had wandered off on her. "Sorry, I... hmmm." Towhee paused to gather her thoughts in order to convey them to her companion in some iteration. "I keep seeing and hearing about all these happy pairings popping up everywhere lately. Which is great. I just really thought I was past all of it myself and..." She let out a breath. "Now I'm not so sure." And why was she telling him this? "Uh..."
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Greenland fisheries. - by Towhee - January 14, 2022, 10:14 PM
RE: Greenland fisheries. - by Germanicus - January 15, 2022, 05:10 PM
RE: Greenland fisheries. - by Towhee - January 15, 2022, 05:43 PM
RE: Greenland fisheries. - by Germanicus - January 15, 2022, 06:09 PM
RE: Greenland fisheries. - by Towhee - January 15, 2022, 06:20 PM
RE: Greenland fisheries. - by Germanicus - January 15, 2022, 06:28 PM
RE: Greenland fisheries. - by Towhee - January 15, 2022, 06:47 PM
RE: Greenland fisheries. - by Germanicus - January 15, 2022, 06:52 PM
RE: Greenland fisheries. - by Towhee - January 15, 2022, 06:57 PM
RE: Greenland fisheries. - by Germanicus - January 15, 2022, 07:05 PM
RE: Greenland fisheries. - by Towhee - January 15, 2022, 07:18 PM