Dragoncrest Cliffs If you could read my mind, love
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
744 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
Her boys continued to contend, though their game of tug-o-war intensified, with one of her sons beginning to use his feet in an attempt to unbalance the other. She smiled faintly. They would grow up like this, likely- willing and ready to challenge and push each other, getting stronger each time they did. 

Suzu did exactly as Chacal predicted and soon enough, she dozed and snored lightly in Meerkat’s embrace, as did Requiem at Chacal’s side. ”Dey be all so different, from one to de next,” She commented affectionately. ”Do you see ‘ow your own might grow to be in de future?” She asked.
It can be assumed that if Chacal is speaking, she will be singing. Her speaking patterns will always have a melodic quality to them.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,950 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
I think it’s my turn (since Suzu’s asleep) but let me know if I’m wrong about that!

The baby’s eyes fluttered shut, her breaths going slow and deep. Meerkat continued to gently groom her, though she raised her head and looked over at Chacal when she spoke. Her brown eyes glistered with a thousand possibilities for her children’s futures.

Mercy’s like your boys, Meerkat said, pointing at them with her snout, that is, quite feisty. I could see her taking after her grandmother and becoming a warrior. Ray’s pretty vivacious too, though not quite as spicy. I can already tell he has a wonderful imagination. Fish is a little milder than the other two. He’s as sweet as can be, like his da

She paused for a moment before continuing, But I think they’ll grow and change a lot over the coming months. Yours too. Whatever they want to do with themselves, I just want to be there to support them. Even if they end up doing the opposite of what I expect, that’s the kind of mother I want to be. You know?

Her warm gaze drifted back to Suzu, slumbering in her arms. Meerkat’s heart panged. Hers were already much more grown. She suddenly wanted to be with them. They were too big now to cradle like this, though they weren’t too old for cuddles, at least not yet.

I ought to get back to my own, if that’s alright. Did you want to take her? Meerkat asked softly, motioning toward Suzu but otherwise remaining still to see how Chacal wanted to handle moving her.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
768 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Etienne grew tired of the fight with his brother, his legs grew weak and sleepy. So he let the stick go. He chuffed at Theo with a snort and trotted towards Req and his manman. He curled upon the dirt near them both, and closed his eyes. His teeth and mouth hurt a little too, from all the pulling and tugging.

Now he wanted a nap in the sun. He gave a soft little snort and a wiggle.
"If you mess with my family, you mess with me"
169 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Theo yanked the stick free when Etienne gave in. But he too was tired. So Theo took the stick to a corner of the den and stuck it in the ground. He then lie down in front of it to keep guard. It was still his.
SIGNATURE
Loves his family. Very sweet boy but can get really defensive and protective over his loved ones. Very caring but also an ambitious hunter and fighter.
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
744 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
Just hafta mention how wonderful it is to have a thread with this many participants that just skips right along. <3<3<3<3<3

Chacal would absorb Meerkat's impressions of her children and remember that for future times. She planned to pay them visits, so she could see their personalities for herself, and perhaps help to guide them toward trades that might help them hone their skills and talents. It pleased her, of course, to hear that Meerkat's daughter in particular was quite ambitious. Her own children had quite a variety in their natures- and like Meerkat, she would have to learn how to mother them all according to their needs. 

"I agree," She lilted. Of course, she did have intentions of nurturing her one daughter toward leadership even if she was perhaps her quietest child. But she, like Meerkat, would do her best to see that each child was supported and nurtured so that they could reach their peak potential. 

She nodded and chuckled as Meerkat excused herself. She stood up, and reached over to gently pick Suzu up about the middle and place the slumbering child at her own side, where she nestled in against Requiem. Etienne, too, came to her side and settled, while Theo stood guard over the stick it seemed he'd won. "I t'ank you for de visit, and pleasant company, Meerkat," She said affectionately, slipping back to the ground in the shade, where she might enjoy a bit of quiet time in the company of her now relaxed children.
It can be assumed that if Chacal is speaking, she will be singing. Her speaking patterns will always have a melodic quality to them.