Dragoncrest Cliffs If you could read my mind, love
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
744 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
All Welcome 
Bringing the kiddos outside. All welcome!

When Chacal awoke and saw the golden beam of light creep into the den and she’d it’s light on her four, snug children, she decided it was time to bring them outside. They’d need to begin strengthening their legs, playing out in the sun where they would have more space. 

So, she pulled herself up, and after giving each of them a short bath to help awaken them, she chimed a soft memory. ”Come wid me, an’ let me show you our home,” She said, smiling softly at their questioning eyes. She moved, and left the den, humming as she did so they might be lured by her wake and into the sunshine.

She would keep them in the immediate vicinity- and they were fumbly enough still that even if they did take off in all four directions she could gather them and return them to the den swiftly. 

Their den sat at the base of a tall, gentle willow tree, shaded from the sun. And as far as the eye could see there was a beautiful meadow of pale yellow grasses dotted with little blue flowers. Around the den was a small circumference of area where the grass had been worn under visiting paws, and she gestured to it. @Theo, @Etienne, @Requiem, @Suzu,” She mentioned each by name so she would have her attention. ”You stay widdin dis circle. 
You do not go past de tall grass, today.
As you grow and explore 
You must also learn to obey.”

She lay down in the shade, and would watch over them as they explored the small area. She’d welcome company from any others who passed by- that way, she might be able to have a nap in the sun, while her children were still being watched. And if one of them stepped outside of the well established den area, they’d be ushered right back down into the darkness of the den to think about their actions for a bit.
[/b]
It can be assumed that if Chacal is speaking, she will be singing. Her speaking patterns will always have a melodic quality to them.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
771 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Etienne woke up happily in his mothers embrace as she bathed them all. He gave small little vocalizations. He enjoyed her voice and the cadence and rythmn.

Etienne eagerly followed her, thrilled to be closer to the light he often saw dancing. He tilted his head his mother spoke and an eager tail wag. He gamboled forward, went to fast and tripped a little, but he righted himself.

He looked up at the tall willow tree and further up and settled to his haunches. He loved to look at the sky. The shade kept him from squinting.
Loner
70 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Requiem followed after more prompting. His steps were quick, with an up-beat tempo that did not match the morose expression on his little face; but he went, watching his siblings find their own way. Requiem was not so curious of the world outside — he sought out Chacal and nuzzled in to her hip, only drawing away to look after one, then another of his siblings. The shade was easy on his eyes, and not so hot.
"If you mess with my family, you mess with me"
169 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Theo trotted after his siblings. Well, what he would call a trot. To others it appeared as if he were stumbling over his paws, but he was so excited and walking faster than ever he felt as if he were trotting. When he stepped out into the open, the sun hit him in the face. He had no idea what it was though. He let out a surprised squeak at the brightness.

Theo shut his eyes for a minute, then opened them and blinked a bunch, before they adjusted to the light. Then he started to look around. With his still limited vision, things were still a blur, but he could make out a LOT of shapes. And a LOT of smells.

Theo can be skipped until the 17th as I will be completely inactive
SIGNATURE
Loves his family. Very sweet boy but can get really defensive and protective over his loved ones. Very caring but also an ambitious hunter and fighter.
Loner
335 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Tiny, quiet Suzu came last, squinting and stumbling when she emerged into the light. Her mother’s words were garbled, she didn’t catch the instruction but by nature was not one to wander. She sought out the comfort of Reqiuem, who stayed closest to their mother’s side. She tried to muzzle into the soft fur of his shoulder, hoping he’d stay still and allow her to rest against him.
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
744 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
Out of the four children, Étienne and Theo seemed more interested in their surroundings. They might be the first, she thought, to push the boundaries once they were big enough to race. Requiem solemnly snuggled against her side, and little Suzu pressed against him. 

She reached up and grabbed a long, trailing branch from the willow. It was dead, and was hanging on by mere threads, so she plucked it from the tree. By now, its bark was dry and crunchy. Any medicine in its pulp would be less. Willow bark could be used for pain relief, but when it was dead like this, blanched by the sun, it would be a perfect playtoy.

She bit through the slender branch in two places- making three slender twigs, and one by one, she tossed them out into the short grass- the area approved for her puppies to play in. She hoped they might take an interest when they had a toy to chew on.
It can be assumed that if Chacal is speaking, she will be singing. Her speaking patterns will always have a melodic quality to them.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,951 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Though quite busy rearing her own trio, Meerkat tried to stop by Chacal’s den every now and again. There wasn’t much time for conversation outside of brief small talk, though she liked to drop off a bite to eat and just generally check on the Tanzanite and her brood whenever she had a chance.

When she approached today, she found the family of five outside, bumbling about beneath the shade of a willow tree just a stone’s throw from the den’s mouth. Meerkat paused, smiling at what she saw. This must be one of their first forays out of doors, judging by the looks of wonder on those four little faces.

Hello, she greeted Chacal and the pups, tail waving as she stepped a bit closer to where the leader lounged. I can keep an eye on them if you need a break, Meerkat offered, taking a seat in the short summer grass.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
771 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Etienne heard a new voice, one that he recognized, but didn't know well. He turned and saw a new wolf there with his manman. He slowly stood on ungainly paws, and took deliberate steps to her. He tripped and stumbled once or twice.

He sniffed at the branches manman had thrown towards them, and grasped one in his teeth. He kept going though, he was a pup on a mission. Once he got to manman and the other wolf, he tried to show off his prize and walk at the same time, and he bumbled, stumbled right into the strangers side.

He gave a soft purl of a sound, and pushed backwards, for a moment, butt and wagging tail were all that was seen, his face buried in the other wolf's fur and side. But he pushed aside now and held out his prize a proud look on his face. He had carried it all on his own, and it tasted pretty good too. If he was honest.

He tried to do a small lift of paws, but it unbalanced him again and he had to correctly recenter himself. So then he stood looking up with adoring eyes.
Loner
70 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Requiem wasn't interested in the world outside the den. He was keeping close to his mother while she worked at the willow switch; when another adult arrived, the boy zeroed-in on their voice and watched them with wide eyes, his tail swiftly curling to touch his belly. His attention was focused on both the adults and so he failed to notice anything his siblings did; looking from Chacal to Meerkat and back again, as if to question, who is that? Or maybe, is this okay?
169 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Theo had his own idea of a game. When his mother threw sticks to a spot, he watched Etienne go and grab one. He almost went and grabbed one himself, but decided it'd be more fun to try and get his brothers.

So after Etienne had his little tumble, Theo bounded (to the best of his ability), over to his brother and clamped his jaw around one end of the stick, trying to pull it from Etienne's grasp.
SIGNATURE
Loves his family. Very sweet boy but can get really defensive and protective over his loved ones. Very caring but also an ambitious hunter and fighter.
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
744 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
Her children made her eyes sparkle, despite her tiredness. To see them in the sunlight warmed her heart. She looked from one to the next, considering their markings and the way their family’s looks managed to flow from one generation to the next. 

Meerkat approached and was welcomed with a nod. Chacal chuckled when Étienne fumbled for the stick, with Theo following after. It would seem she had two shy children, two who were bold. Meerkat offered her a respite but she was happy to stay with the children and enjoy their outing. 

”Come join us,” She invited instead. ”De one you ‘ave dere is Étienne, an’ on de other end of de stick is Theo,” She said. Next, she gestured to the two nestled at her side. ”Requiem here, an’ ‘is sister, Suzu. Children, dis be Meetkat,” She chimes happily.
Loner
335 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Suzu watched her brothers amble after the stick Chacal threw, but she had no interest in chasing after it. No instinct told her yet to hunt or pursue. Instead, she remained quiet, nestled against Requiem.

When the stranger approached, she huddled against Reqiuem. Her mother spoke, but Suzu was already overwhelmed with how bright and vivid the outside world was, and meeting another wolf was a bit too much for her. She kept her mouth clamped shut and stared at the ground, quiet as a mouse.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,951 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
It seemed like Chacal was happy to stay put, though she welcomed Meerkat’s company. She promptly began to introduce each of the children, even as the Sapphire’s merry eyes watched Etienne approach with his stick. She flicked out a foreleg to steady him when he stumbled into her side, then bent to nuzzle the top of his head.

No sooner had he righted himself than Theo came bounding toward them on wobbly paws, trying to snatch Etienne’s stick. Meerkat smiled as she watched the tug-o’-war match, though she raised her eyes and looked around to acknowledge Requiem and Suzu as well. She made a point to wave a paw at each of the less boisterous pups.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
771 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Her nuzzle to his head had him purling and churring quietly. Rubbing tiny nose against her fur. Possibly leaving snot and spit who knows.

However, his happy churr was cut sure by Theo tugging his stick. Etienne let out a growl of displeasure. Tiny eyes narrowed and he pulled back. Just cause Theo was bigger meant nothing. Hed keep his stick pure on spite.
169 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Theo was not giving up on this game. He gave his best attempt at a growl towards his brother and tugged with all his might, trying to yank the stick from Etienne's grasp. He could care less about the object, he just really wanted to dominate his brother and show off his strength
SIGNATURE
Loner
335 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Her brothers were valiant, energetic. Suzu watched them carefully, as they jousted and tugged at the stick, trying to grab it from one another. 

Suzu looked up at Meerkat with large, owlish eyes, and smiled faintly. She wasn’t among the few wolves Suzu recognized, but she looked friendly enough.
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
744 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
Meerkat had a calm, gentle air about her when in the presence of children who were younger than her own. She nuzzled Étienne, who seemed happy enough for the attention though his brother was quick to begin a bid for the stick she’d tossed for them. 

”Ah, yes, strengthen your jaws, mes enfants. She drawled. ”Just what your mother needs- children who learn ‘ow to bite even harder when dey nurse,” She laughed, though she gave an approving flick of her muzzle to goad the boys on. She did want them to grow big and strong, after all. She gave a look to Meerkat who she was sure understood the pain of nursing teething children.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,951 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She couldn’t help but return her attention to the pair of boys as they struggled with the stick. Soon they were growling back and forth, sounding quite ferocious for such little ones.

Meerkat’s good ear flicked toward the singsong sound of Chacal’s voice, laughing as she teased, Bite while nursing? You guys wouldn’t do something like that, would you?

Scooting a little closer to her fellow mother, she flopped down beside the Tanzanite and muttered, Nobody warned me about the chapped and bloody nipples, either… Despite her words, she exchanged a knowing smile with Chacal, brown eyes warm with empathy.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
771 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Etienne made a loud growling sound and tried to pull the stick from Theo. He stumbled, but held his ground hopefully it would unbalance theo too.

Etienne heard the adults talking and he tried to turn to face them, but simply got himself turned about and had to turn back around with the stick in his face and teeth. Reluctant to let go.
169 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Theo was moved a bit when Etienne stumbled, but he had a strong grasp on the stick and didn't let go. He jumped and yanked and shook his head side to side, trying to free it from his brothers grasp.
SIGNATURE
Loner
335 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Seeing the game of tug-o-war between her brothers worried her. The sounds they made weren’t hostile, but they were competitive. 

Requiem looked as though he’d fallen asleep, wedged peacefully between herself and their mother, so her gaze then turned to the beige wolf who came closer. She too smelled of milk, and seemed peaceful and kind. 

After glancing up to her mother for reassurance and receiving a gentle nudge, she began to crawl toward Meerkat, looking up at her once with large, blinking eyes, before she crawled between Meerkat’s forelegs and flopped to the ground there, content to take up this prime cuddling spot while the boys were prepoccupied.
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
744 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
Suzu’s gaze caught her attention for just a moment- and with the boys having found their distraction or place to rest, she nudged Suzu toward Meerkat, so she might familiarize herself with another one of the mothers of the pack. To her delight, her gentle daughter saw Meerkat’s friendliness, and was happy to snuggle where she could be both held and licked. 

”Ouf, I agree.” She said. ”But I t’ink I would do de same, honestly. 
I may be gummed raw an’ sore,
But never ‘ave loved so deeply before.”
In her mind, it was worth it. She nodded toward Suzu. 

”If you nibble ‘er between her shoulders,
She will knead ‘er paws an’ fall asleep.”
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,951 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Within a minute of situating herself, Meerkat found herself with her arms full of soft, warm puppy. She immediately bent to nuzzle Suzu, her nose skimming along the girl’s head before finding the root of her ear. Mercy had always loved being nibbled there, so she applied gentle pressure with the tips of her teeth.

When Chacal advised her to do the same between her wee shoulder blades, Meerkat instantly shifted her attention there. She tugged gently at Suzu’s scruff, knowing that it would trigger a soothing sensation. Meerkat then combed her teeth through the baby-soft fur of her nape, between her shoulders and down the knobs of her tiny spine.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
771 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Suzu had taken the new one's attention and she had missed his stick, all because of Theo. He growled harder and pulled fiercer, irritated that he hadn't been able to show his prize to the new wolf.

He didn't know if he would win, didn't care. He batted a paw awkwardly and strangely at his brother's paws, trying to unbalance him. they were both still pretty wobbly after all.
169 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Theo tried to use his shoulder to wrench the stick from Etienne. He turned his whole body, hips, shoulders, everything, and yanked, pulling as hard as he could. He WANTED that stick. Etienne's shaky paw had not made contact with him as he had attempted the spin-pull.
SIGNATURE