Hideaway Strath Shriek.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,031 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
None of the packs' names triggered any sort of familiarity in Towhee, though perhaps later, she would remember that her parents had once lived at a place called Blacktail Deer Plateau, along with Finley. She hadn't actively chronicled in a while though, so for now, the connection escaped her.

The reason Rue gave for her choice seemed a surprisingly solid one. Towhee couldn't fault her for it and it made sense. There was definitely something amazing about being part of a pack's very foundation. They would be its core members, there from the first, a claim to fame as the pack established itself.

She blinked at her comrade's next words. Towhee felt two contrasting emotions at once: on one hand, she agreed fiercely but, on the other, she felt slighted on her legacy's behalf. That reminded her that Redhawks no longer existed. The pack she had left had somehow winked out of existence in the past week, taking on characteristics that redefined it so thoroughly that it was almost unrecognizable.

Towhee swallowed against the bitter lump in her throat and forced out, "You should know that those two are our sister packs. You're right, we're going to be different and I'd be a liar if I said I didn't want to be the best of the three. But in theory, we're one big family." She omitted the word "happy," because it simply wasn't the case right now, and wondered what Rue would make of this information.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Shriek. - by Towhee - June 14, 2019, 11:01 AM
RE: Shriek. - by Ruenna - June 14, 2019, 11:39 AM
RE: Shriek. - by Towhee - June 14, 2019, 01:13 PM
RE: Shriek. - by Ruenna - June 14, 2019, 02:47 PM
RE: Shriek. - by Towhee - June 15, 2019, 05:17 PM
RE: Shriek. - by Ruenna - June 16, 2019, 09:32 AM
RE: Shriek. - by Towhee - June 16, 2019, 10:55 AM
RE: Shriek. - by Ruenna - June 18, 2019, 09:48 AM
RE: Shriek. - by Towhee - June 18, 2019, 09:58 AM
RE: Shriek. - by Ruenna - June 18, 2019, 10:44 AM
RE: Shriek. - by Towhee - June 18, 2019, 09:52 PM