Twisted Slough And heart to heart you'll win, if you survive
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,008 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
"Your punk ass uncle," Towhee replied with acid in her voice, not that she could tell. "Do you remember X? Well, she had a chick. She brought him to us to be your companion when you were little and Tegan fuckin' killed him." Man, it still rankled, even after all this time. Maybe it actually made her even angrier because she was now privy to just how much difference Y could've made to her daughter. "Fuck you, Tegan, wherever you are," Towhee said cuttingly, although it hurt her too. They had been so close, once.

Fen distracted her with a question but before she responded, Towhee thought aloud, "Maybe we could find another companion for you? I have no idea how to go about that but, I mean..." She paused, peering thoughtfully at the frigid rainfall, lips quirking. "Can you imagine if we, like, trained a raccoon or something? But seriously, I wonder..." She trailed off as she went through a mental list of animals. Which ones were the best at navigating? "Maybe a mother fuckin' owl," she murmured.

Then she snapped back to her daughter's question. "Oh. You asked what I was thinking about." Towhee paused, deciding she would be honest with Fennec. She was old enough for her mother to share this with her and, anyway, the mercenary was kind of intrigued to know how her not-so-little girl would react. "You probably know that I was in heat recently. It wasn't the first time. Nothing ever came of my, ah, trysts last year. And probably nothing will this year. I'm pretty sure I'm barren." She took a breath. "But..." "Never say never," Finley said in her mind's eye.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
And heart to heart you'll win, if you survive - by Fennec - January 18, 2020, 04:43 PM
RE: And heart to heart you'll win, if you survive - by Towhee - January 20, 2020, 08:02 PM