Redhawk Caldera Let's go and see the stars, the Milky Way or even Mars.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,007 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Towhee opened her mouth to counter Maia's response, then realized Eljay was speaking and clapped it shut. She blinked a few times when she registered the look on his face. He seemed really stricken, despite his words of acceptance. She stood there in silence, trying to parse out his reaction. Her eyes shifted to Maia and there was a heaviness between them she could feel but did not understand.

After a long pause, she cleared her throat and said, "I know what you're going to say—what Wraen's going to say, rather—but, for the record, she's welcome here. Arcturus too." The Sovereign shrugged. "I know how they feel about Moonspear and we're up each other's asses more than ever now. But I literally spoke to Hydra yesterday and she's no danger to them. Actually, she's looking for Arcturus. Their brother passed away and she wanted to let him know."

There was still a tension in the air. She couldn't get a bead on it. Towhee shifted a little restlessly and, after another few beats, said, "Maybe just think about it. I mean, it's up to you. I'm not going to force you into indentured servitude." She huffed a dry laugh. "But that'd be a solid way to thank us... especially Eljay," the Sovereign concluded, oblivious to just how much that statement really meant. "Anyway, I'll leave you to your patient," she said to Eljay. She nodded at Maia, then disembarked.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's go and see the stars, the Milky Way or even Mars. - by Towhee - November 12, 2020, 05:59 PM