Heron Lake Plateau And you know dogs, they need ample time outside
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,008 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She wouldn't deny it: the (thankfully minor) heatstroke had frightened her badly. Although it was difficult for Towhee to take it easy, that's what she did, per @Raven's instructions. She withdrew into the copse on The Roost, alternating between eating and sleeping. It was incredibly boring, though she did have to admit it was nice to take a break. And, slowly, the malaise left her and she emerged, days later, refreshed.

Although she didn't want to push herself too hard, too soon, Towhee fully intended to resume patrolling today. She rose early—while the air was still pleasantly cool, if thick with humidity—and paddled across to the main shore. As she was shaking the water from her paws, she caught sight of Niamh further down the bank. Pleased to see her friend, the Beta began trotting in her direction, mindful of her pace.

"How was your trip?" she said in way of greeting, feeling an almost queerly strong sense of relief as she closed the gap between them. She'd missed Niamh, which was weird considering they didn't know one another that well. But with all the drama going on with her family, maybe that was exactly why Towhee felt particularly drawn to the towheaded she-wolf. It was unprecedented really: today, she preferred the outsider.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: And you know dogs, they need ample time outside - by Towhee - May 22, 2018, 10:21 PM