Bearclaw Valley Uncertain flame
sʟᴏᴡ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴡᴀʟᴋɪɴɢ
123 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
How dare this fucking idiot threaten Merrick. Merrick, surrounded by his supporters, his friends and pawns alike. Toad no longer believed there was a brain behind that pretty face. Pretty face that he now desired to tear apart- the snap from Merrick, and advance of Astara, was signal enough. And so Toad came like a pale angel of death, jaws opened bearlike to tear at whatever the pregnant woman did not. He would be upon Clay before the boy knew it; he knew they would give him another message now, one he would not soon forget.
185 Posts
Ooc —
my apologies if I post-cut someone! The order is tad confusing to me and im not sure who left and who didnt. Let me know if I have and if I should delete

Clay watched, his emerald gaze raking over the little king—who seemed to grow with festering pride and wickedness before his very gaze. He knew he was taller than Merrick in every given right, but right now he felt smaller than ever in the overwhelming presence of the other who breathed deeply and snapped at him. The Easthollian jumped slightly at the abrupt action before relaxing, standing tall and unyielding in the presence. His fur as been nicked—clipped, maybe, by the jaws of the other. He couldn't tell. Not with the pounding of his head drumming in his ears.

Yet he said nothing more to the demon, not wanting to drag out this chilling encounter any more than it has. And as he side-stepped the jet-black, eerie looking woman he felt the weight of her upon his back in a flash.

Pain.
Piercing.
Burning.

It stung on his shoulders near his spine, and Clay, used to the slow ache within his flesh, flinched and turned his head to face her with teeth gritted and ears back. His fangs shown beneath curled lips as he cursed at the woman with loud ferocity not akin for someone of his size.

"Don't you-HEY!" Caught by the soft flesh on his nape, the prince's head was dragged downward to Toad's stature, his legs going ramrod straight as he tried to pull away from the attack. "Don't touch me, you cretin! Fight me yourself, Merrick!"
this is my book
and i know how to work the spells and charms in it
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
i have permission to PP revui for this thread, and evien has left. so merrick/astara/toad/clay :D

even beset by two wolves, the prince barked orders. merrick laughed, but was swiftly becoming infuriated by the distinct lack of submission.
despite her round belly, his nightshade's clear power came into play; first the flash of her teeth, and then toad had surged forward. 
the boy watched with a growing hunger, the scent of ursus rising hot within his nostrils; it fired his blood, set his teeth bare.
the ashen giant vibrated at his side. merrick glanced giddily to him, then flicked his stare back to clay.
time now for his advance; he swept low alongside toad and sought a hold behind clay's elbow, seeking to wound as the impassioned bearwolves began their swarm.
78 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Comin’ in a little late! But I thought he’d make an appearance. ;)

Hearing the commotion, Ulysses large, frilled ears perk up. Raising his head from the water he laps up, his brows furrow at the distinct sound of growls and yells. Droplets of liquid drip from his chin as his paws begin to carry him across the meadows and forests, beyond the ridge.

Upon his arrival, the navy wolf-dog walks in at, what seems to be, the worst time. A wolf covered in slate grey cowering at the bite of the raven female. At first thought, Uly frets about the pups that she still carries inside of her. Why would she fight? Is the question that irks him, though clearly he doesn’t know the female as well as the bear himself, he can’t say much besides that.

Twin moons then take to Merrick, in all his devious glory he instigates the heat within Ursus. Three wolves take to the flesh of the stranger, Ulysses knows not what they’ve done but he will not blindly kill anything unless given order or reason to. So he stands stall in the background and watches the horrid scene unfold, unsure of the strangers fate. He will stay here unless told otherwise.
i'm going to bring it all back to you
848 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Guardian
Rogue
i am *so* sorry for holding this up - next time someone yell at me! if we want to wrap this up/have clay get away before it gets too bad, i am totally okay with astara's hit being a miss and her being bowled over as clay escapes <3

the boy would not get a fair fight -- not here in ursus. astara sprung back as his teeth flashed in her face, feeling a rake of hot breath and sharp fang along her cheek.

a new energy seemed to course its way like a current down her spine, up her raised hackles -- alighting in her hungering gaze as merrick and toad both besieged the wolf.

astara circled once, picking her spot carefully. with merrick and toad both vying for blood, her window of opportunity was slim -- but not impossible.

with a lurch, she set upon clay, hellhoundish and furious -- this time, her teeth aiming for his tail.

»» they may promise you that the river ain't too deep. ««
»» player policies ««
sʟᴏᴡ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴡᴀʟᴋɪɴɢ
123 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
also sorry for holding this up!!! eep!

Clay was beginning to get dragged down to Toad's level as his fangs met flesh- all the while the boy screeched, begging Merrick to fight him himself. So be it, then- the dark man came forward alongside his people, coming to the boy's side while Astara went for the tail. All the while Toad shook his fangs this way and that, hoping to tear at the flesh he had grabbed upon the nape- though a bit careless in that he could lose the grip. All he wanted now was to rip.
185 Posts
Ooc —
He didn't know how long it lasted.

The gnashing of claws.
The blood brimming at his cuts only to spill over and stain.
The beating of his heart deep within his ears.

All he could do was fight to stand, his frame wobbling and teetering with every weight added—tugging at his flesh, scoring it with their teeth. How long?
How long, how long, how long? A question echoing in his mind. A scream gurgling in his throat.

He stared at the leader—at the demon above with their single eye reigning down on him. He would wait, and wait. wait. And when the time came for an opening Clay would attempt to tear away from the teeth, away from the pain, and run back into the brush to escape as  he made a silent vow; Blood will be repaid.