this is my book
and i know how to work the spells and charms in it
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
Limit Two 
the silent woman was dead, felled by his indigo-traced raven. in her wake, a pair of large, chubby sons. revui had gifted the trio to merrick; the bear-prince decided, amused, that two out of three wasn't a bad haul at all. the rain this evening was a mist that blew through the pine-boughs and wet the boles of saplings.
ursus had grown as well, he noted, satisifed by those who had come to their ranks. for now, however, merrick drew up the trail of his blackbird and followed it to wherever she had stashed the stolen boys.
he knew not the names of @Glaucos or @Astyanax; the coywolf was only compelled to think of them as belonging to him, and made fevered plans for their future as he searched.
Loner
seraphs sob at vermin fangs
668 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Being hauled from one den to the next was an experience he hoped to never have again. It had been warm in the first one, and comforting, familiar with the smell of Ikkalrok; even when soaking in a puddle of her spilled blood Glaucos had felt more at-home than he did here.

Had anyone even bothered to clean his mother's blood from his belly? He was tucked in to the dirt beside Astyanax thereafter, dropped more like it, and he'd wriggled until sleep had taken him. When he woke next the boy's mind was empty.

He mewled for his mother, unfurled his little flipper limbs with a punch to his brother's cheek, and with a few sharp chirrups began to scour the cold dirt for anything familiar.
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
these ones were the same miserable age his own had been. merrick scowled over them, though he was briefly mollified by the clinging flakes of black blood that seemed to fleck one of the boulder-children. bathed in it, as he had done for avicus and aventus. 
it was the way of ursus.
perhaps it was due to his association with his own brood, perhaps merrick for all his murderous thirsts had become accustomed to the bearberries bouncing about the valley — whatever it was did not spur the urge toward infanticide. he dropped his disfgured face closer, eyed the grub bumbling his way. "you're better off without them both," he sniffed, for revui had never been interested, and the woman too foolish to move them before his murderwife flushed them from cover. it was her own fault for being so reticent, unheedful of the violent hierarchy in the pack. and it had cost her dearly.
"i have plans for you," he cackled.
Loner
seraphs sob at vermin fangs
668 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
A voice overhead bade his head to rise a touch, and his nose wiggled with the effort of drinking in the scent he did not know. It was not like mother's smell or Astyanax' and that difference led to a small recoil. A wrinkling of the face. All he could find here was cold dust, the stale smell of mother's blood, and this warm foreign body. Glaucos was cold and hungry here, and mother was not listening to his tiny pleas for attention — so the new body, this sharp-boned cyclops, would have to suffice. He paddled his way closer to Merrick and attempted to remedy his ailments by festooning himself across a nearby foot, and was content enough afterwards to fall silent.
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
"slaves," he grunted to himself as the boy curled warmly atop his paw. merrick opted to sit, then slid his haunches to the earth, attempting not to disturb the son of revui. as far as he knew, this one had no name. it had been tucked into the silent throat of his mother, much as avicus and aventus had never heard their titles uttered aloud.
"shall i give you a name before i give you to ... the girl?" he inquired conversationally. "how's that going by the way? i'm sure they hate you." another gleeful blast of air from his nostrils.
he toyed idly with his prey's head before passing him back into where he belonged, and stalking away for whatever diversion he could discover next.