Ocean's Breath Plateau Said goodbye, turned around
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,016 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She didn’t know the specific trigger behind this particular bout of depression, just that the sadness rivaled some of the worst tragedies in her life. It made no sense, really, but she was a pit of despair. She tried to fill it with food, otherwise she sprawled apathetically in her tepee.

After roughly a week of this, she climbed out of her little ulaq and just stood there a while. The tepee was downright dank and Towhee herself wasn’t much better. She sniffed at her shoulder and grimaced. She certainly smelled the part of old fart.

She should’ve laughed at the thought, though fury suddenly ripped through her. Without thinking, Towhee snatched at the buffalo hide that formed her tepee and flung it, right over the cliff where the yew tree grew. The instant it went sailing through the air and out of sight, she regretted it. Rodyn had gifted her that.

Towhee looked over the plateau’s edge and saw that it had gotten hung up in a tree. There was no fetching it. She drew back sulkily, then noticed some scraps of meat where her tepee had once stood. With nothing better to do, she sat down and crammed them in her mouth, swallowing without chewing.

As soon as all the food was gone, she decided she couldn’t stand looking at the yew tree anymore. She stomped somewhere, anywhere else, eventually deciding to burn off some of these calories via a patrol. The thought was laced with a heavy dose of self-loathing which only increased when Towhee spotted Rodyn.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Said goodbye, turned around - by Rodyn - January 29, 2024, 12:36 PM
RE: Said goodbye, turned around - by Towhee - January 29, 2024, 02:13 PM
RE: Said goodbye, turned around - by Rodyn - January 29, 2024, 02:17 PM
RE: Said goodbye, turned around - by Towhee - January 29, 2024, 02:23 PM
RE: Said goodbye, turned around - by Rodyn - January 29, 2024, 02:33 PM
RE: Said goodbye, turned around - by Towhee - January 29, 2024, 02:41 PM
RE: Said goodbye, turned around - by Rodyn - January 29, 2024, 02:44 PM
RE: Said goodbye, turned around - by Towhee - January 29, 2024, 03:19 PM
RE: Said goodbye, turned around - by Rodyn - January 29, 2024, 03:23 PM
RE: Said goodbye, turned around - by Towhee - January 29, 2024, 03:31 PM
RE: Said goodbye, turned around - by Rodyn - January 29, 2024, 03:36 PM