Redhawk Caldera You have excess candies!
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,035 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Towhee sat at the edge of the rendezvous site, staring off into space as she digested. It wasn't food she was trying to process but a bit of information Raven had finally tried to convey to her earlier that morning. Truthfully, she was struggling to grasp it properly. Apparently, the other wolves in the pack could do something called H-E-A-R, something they did with their ears. The caregiver had done her best to try to explain the concept to the Pi and Towhee had done (and was doing) her best to understand. Fortunately, her sister had had the forethought not to frame it as a disability, though there was a queer sense of... something in the girl's breast. Loss? Envy? Exclusion? She was too young to put her finger on it.

D-E-A-F, she thought to herself for the umpteenth time, which was another term Raven had provided to her. In her mind, she pictured her sister signing the individual letters Towhee had only recently really memorized. Cannot H-E-A-R S-O-U-N-D. Maybe it would just take time for this information to really absorb, because right now Towhee was just giving herself a headache. Eventually, she rolled onto her feet and gave herself a great shake, ears flapping and bottom wriggling. She then pushed her thoughts—a somewhat recent development, at least comprehensively—to the side and peered around the rendezvous site in search of a distraction.

Her nearly orange eyes clapped upon Titmouse as he slunk across the clearing and, instead of stopping, disappeared into the longer grass that edged it. Towhee's brows rose and she trotted after him, pausing at the barrier for a moment before trailing after him with the intention of fetching him, dragging him back here and sternly reminding him that there were boundaries for a reason. Instead, she caught up to him, peered down at the bloody rock and the tooth, and almost immediately felt lightheaded.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
You have excess candies! - by Titmouse (Ghost) - March 13, 2017, 01:13 AM
RE: You have excess candies! - by Towhee - March 13, 2017, 11:20 AM
RE: You have excess candies! - by Titmouse (Ghost) - March 15, 2017, 05:36 PM
RE: You have excess candies! - by Towhee - March 16, 2017, 01:23 PM
RE: You have excess candies! - by Titmouse (Ghost) - March 18, 2017, 02:07 AM
RE: You have excess candies! - by Towhee - March 19, 2017, 02:34 PM
RE: You have excess candies! - by Titmouse (Ghost) - March 21, 2017, 07:22 PM
RE: You have excess candies! - by Towhee - March 23, 2017, 11:00 AM
RE: You have excess candies! - by Titmouse (Ghost) - March 31, 2017, 11:49 AM
RE: You have excess candies! - by Towhee - April 05, 2017, 10:16 AM