Heron Lake Plateau So many roads.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,034 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
His familiar silhouette moved to meet her through the gathering gloom. Towhee pulled a face when he reminded her of his strange schedule. "I guess not. Who does that anyway?" she countered, giving him the hairy eyeball. Her face smoothed out in the next breath as she added, "Sorry to wake you but I want to float something past you. It's important enough to push back bedtime."

Without another word, Towhee motioned toward their thicket, then led the way there. She stepped inside, shuffling toward the back to make room. Once he climbed in beside her, Towhee paused to gather her thoughts, then decided to switch to signing. It was dark and there was nobody around, yet the subject was sensitive enough that she wanted to make it nearly impossible for anyone to overhear.

-The way Quixote handled Niamh's demotion just doesn't sit right with me. I've been thinking about it for days, trying to figure out what to do, if anything. I'm still not sure, which is why I wanted to talk to you. You should feel honored, by the way.- Towhee couldn't help herself. -Anyhow, it's not like I want to be Alpha but I don't like that Quixote's lording it over this pack all by himself. And Rave hasn't made any indications she'll step up again anytime soon. I don't hold it against her—I'd be a hypocrite if I did—and I also don't want to pressure her. But we badly need more balance in the leadership. We need more leaders, period. We're a big pack. And, well, I think the next leader ought to be another Redhawk, by blood.-

She paused to give her forelimbs a rest, as well as to give Phox a moment to absorb all that. Towhee then continued, getting to her point. -I'm talking about you, in case that isn't clear. I was thinking of approaching Quixote and asking him to appoint you as the second Beta. But I think we both know how he'll probably take that, so I was thinking that if he refused... I'd challenge him.- A shaky breath escaped her, breaking the perfect silence. -I don't want to do it. And maybe it's a bad idea. But what do you think? I just feel like we need to take a stand and do something about this...- She trailed off there, knowing he knew what she meant.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
So many roads. - by Towhee - December 16, 2018, 09:56 PM
RE: So many roads. - by Phox - December 16, 2018, 10:06 PM
RE: So many roads. - by Towhee - December 16, 2018, 10:26 PM
RE: So many roads. - by Phox - December 17, 2018, 12:49 PM
RE: So many roads. - by Towhee - December 17, 2018, 01:04 PM
RE: So many roads. - by Phox - December 17, 2018, 04:04 PM
RE: So many roads. - by Towhee - December 17, 2018, 04:32 PM
RE: So many roads. - by Phox - December 18, 2018, 12:48 PM
RE: So many roads. - by Towhee - December 18, 2018, 01:14 PM
RE: So many roads. - by Phox - December 18, 2018, 01:29 PM
RE: So many roads. - by Towhee - December 18, 2018, 01:35 PM