Redhawk Caldera Dragon's gamble.
Sun Mote Copse
Rover
5,047 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She just couldn't bring herself to do it. She stood there for a long time, simply staring at those threads of bright red in the puddle of yellow. Maybe she could go to Brecheliant to see Bridget or, hell, even Eljay. She discarded that thought out of hand, though. Towhee didn't want to run the risk of bumping into Reyes. In fact, the mere thought made her stomach roll and she retched again.

Nothing came up this time. Towhee sucked in a shaky breath and tried to talk herself into summoning Fennec. This was serious. She took a step toward the doorway when the light flickered strangely. She started, catching only a glimpse of Bronco as he peeked inside and then just as swiftly retreated.

"H—" Towhee blurted, moving toward the threshold and then stopping there, squinting in the sudden glare. "Bronco," she said as her eyes adjusted, revealing the sight of him howling. Her fur stood on end and she mumbled, "Wait," but it was probably too late.

She couldn't be absolutely certain who he'd called or what he'd said, though Towhee could definitely guess. She didn't ask. She didn't say anything. She just stared, happy to see him back but noticing he looked the way she felt: fucking terrible. She knew he'd returned but she didn't know the first thing about where he'd been, what had kept him or why he looked like death warmed over.

Eventually, she croaked, "Bronco, you look like shit." Pot, meet kettle. Her cracked, dry lips twitched into a tired smile that did not reach her eyes, nor last beyond a second or two.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Dragon's gamble. - by Towhee - August 31, 2021, 12:50 PM
RE: Dragon's gamble. - by RIP Bronco - August 31, 2021, 02:18 PM
RE: Dragon's gamble. - by Towhee - August 31, 2021, 02:28 PM
RE: Dragon's gamble. - by Fennec - September 03, 2021, 01:56 AM
RE: Dragon's gamble. - by RIP Bronco - September 09, 2021, 10:31 PM
RE: Dragon's gamble. - by Towhee - September 10, 2021, 09:58 AM
RE: Dragon's gamble. - by Fennec - September 10, 2021, 11:49 AM
RE: Dragon's gamble. - by RIP Bronco - September 11, 2021, 02:17 PM
RE: Dragon's gamble. - by Towhee - September 11, 2021, 09:17 PM