Redhawk Caldera Dragon's gamble.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,034 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She could say the same for him. Seeing Bronco like this momentarily distracted Towhee from her own ailments and his presumed summons. But the instant Fennec appeared, she felt the full brunt of her maladies. Her stomach gave a sickening roll and she slammed her mouth shut, sure she was about to throw up again. It filled with sour saliva, which she swallowed as she forced down the nausea.

That was just the physiological reaction. With Fennec only feet away, Towhee had no choice but to feel her feelings. And they were intense. Her eldest daughter had always been rather mercurial, though she'd been particularly punitive toward her mother lately. She'd cut her down about Reyes; quit leadership without warning; and even seemed to be keeping Killdeer away from her. Towhee didn't get it, didn't know where she'd gone wrong. She knew part of the reason was standing here with them. Did Bronco's absence really excuse or explain any of it, though?

But Fen's hurtful attitude toward her was hardly the only reason Towhee had withdrawn to this cave today or the sole culprit behind her recent deterioration. It was just the straw that broke the camel's back, as the saying went. The acidic bitterness on her tongue was the taste of her body breaking down from the stress of this entire month, year, lifetime. She was physically ill, but the root of her problem was the chronic cycle of mental and emotional distress.

She suddenly thought of Meerkat and how she'd run away from it all. Towhee couldn't do that, didn't want to. But she realized there was actually a middle ground. Fennec probably wouldn't like it and she wouldn't be the only one, but Towhee needed to be selfish, if she wanted to break the cycle and finally feel better.

She still hadn't answered Fennec's question. Finally, she sighed, "Nothing. And everything." Towhee took a couple breaths and continued, "I'm stressed the fuck out. I need a break. I'm going to see my sister," she decided warily, wearily. She didn't just need Raven's medical expertise and support, she needed to get away from it all for a little while. She needed a goddamn hug, which she knew Rave would be happy to provide. "I'll be back in a few days."
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Dragon's gamble. - by Towhee - August 31, 2021, 12:50 PM
RE: Dragon's gamble. - by RIP Bronco - August 31, 2021, 02:18 PM
RE: Dragon's gamble. - by Towhee - August 31, 2021, 02:28 PM
RE: Dragon's gamble. - by Fennec - September 03, 2021, 01:56 AM
RE: Dragon's gamble. - by RIP Bronco - September 09, 2021, 10:31 PM
RE: Dragon's gamble. - by Towhee - September 10, 2021, 09:58 AM
RE: Dragon's gamble. - by Fennec - September 10, 2021, 11:49 AM
RE: Dragon's gamble. - by RIP Bronco - September 11, 2021, 02:17 PM
RE: Dragon's gamble. - by Towhee - September 11, 2021, 09:17 PM