Esquire*
5,128 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Private 
*tries to wave down @Rodyn*

Towhee enjoyed three idyllic days with her son before things took an alarming turn. No matter how much he tried to nurse, Bushtit kept unlatching. He cried, a distressing sight even without the accompanying noise. Despite trying to eat as much as she could, it seemed she just wasn’t producing enough milk for the hungry infant.

She had to do something. In the middle of the night, Towhee plucked up the squalling newborn and stepped out of the log. She knew she ought to let someone know what she was doing, though there wasn’t time. Besides, she refused to let go of her son, carrying him carefully but hastily to the northern borders and beyond.

Morning light pinked the eastern horizon as Towhee arrived at Moontide’s borders. Gently, she set the crying babe at her feet and then let out a loud distress call. She then promptly curled around him and tried to feed Bushtit again, practically crying herself when he successfully began to suckle.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Guy for that. - by Towhee - September 03, 2024, 12:05 PM
RE: Guy for that. - by Rodyn - September 03, 2024, 12:32 PM
RE: Guy for that. - by Towhee - September 03, 2024, 12:42 PM
RE: Guy for that. - by Rodyn - September 05, 2024, 02:31 PM
RE: Guy for that. - by Meadow - September 03, 2024, 01:45 PM
RE: Guy for that. - by Towhee - September 05, 2024, 02:55 PM
RE: Guy for that. - by Meadow - September 06, 2024, 03:09 PM
RE: Guy for that. - by Rodyn - September 09, 2024, 10:54 AM
RE: Guy for that. - by Towhee - September 09, 2024, 12:04 PM
RE: Guy for that. - by Meadow - September 09, 2024, 12:11 PM