Sun Mote Copse (M) Some things Change
Sun Mote Copse
Esquire*
5,129 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
There was no sign for the, Pshawww, that escaped Towhee just then, though she hoped Jr understood anyway. Hopefully the beaming smile and the way she affectionately chucked her daughter’s chin were clear enough, anyhow.

She watched as Reyson retreated, Jr flanking him as they headed for The Taigh. Towhee then made a beeline toward the nearby water, gasping softly as the cold liquid enveloped her. It stung on her nethers, though soon the temperature coaxed her body into a pleasant state of numbness.

She let herself soak for exactly two minutes, then rose and gave herself a perfunctory grooming. Towhee then hastened toward the cottage, eyes brightening when she saw Seal was there too.

Feeding her son was her first priority, though Towhee asked her daughter and granddaughter to help her dry her coat first. Being gently rubbed down with soft animal skins was rather pleasant, especially after the day she’d had.

Finally, Towhee gently took her son from Reyson’s care and settled on a fresh hide Seal had spread on the floor. She tucked the pale newborn to her belly. He latched right away and she could only hope that his fierce suckling might coax out her milk.

When she saw white fluid dribble from his mouth, Towhee let out a sigh of relief. She watched him for a while, eyelids growing heavy, then thought to look up and acknowledge the little audience standing around them. She knew she didn’t even need to ask; they would happily keep an eye on him while she rested her eyes.

-“I’ve been told that he needs a pRoPeR nAmE,”- Towhee said, smirking faintly at Jr. -“Well, as the saying goes, you are what you eat. Welcome to the world, Titty,”- she announced, then closed her eyes and rested her chin atop his wee head.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
(M) Some things Change - by Reyson - August 29, 2024, 12:06 PM
RE: Some things Change - by Towhee - August 29, 2024, 12:11 PM
RE: Some things Change - by Reyson - August 29, 2024, 12:18 PM
RE: Some things Change - by Towhee - August 29, 2024, 01:24 PM
RE: Some things Change - by Reyson - August 29, 2024, 01:33 PM
RE: (M) Some things Change - by Towhee - August 29, 2024, 02:19 PM
RE: (M) Some things Change - by Reyson - August 30, 2024, 08:14 AM
RE: (M) Some things Change - by Towhee Jr - August 30, 2024, 03:53 AM
RE: (M) Some things Change - by Towhee - August 30, 2024, 09:26 AM
RE: (M) Some things Change - by Towhee Jr - September 01, 2024, 04:16 AM
RE: (M) Some things Change - by Reyson - September 01, 2024, 03:52 PM