Ouroboros Spine From your head down to your toes, you’re not much, goodness knows.
Sun Mote Copse
Esquire*
5,128 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
He didn’t stay latched for long. At least he didn’t cry when he let go, though Towhee nosed at his mouth and smelled no milk. She swallowed a sigh, nosing the wrap around Bushtit once more. He dozed as Kukutux led her into a shelter lined with the softest furs she’d ever touched.

She set the swaddled babe on the most velveteen of them all, then lifted her eyes to catch “Moonwoman’s” words. Towhee found comfort in them, as well as Meadow’s touch. She drew in a breath as Kukutux turned to say something to the other two. She curled more tightly around her son, orange eyes following Rodyn and Meadow as they stepped out of the ulaq a moment later.

She wanted to ask where they’d gone, though all at once, her exhaustion caught up to her. In the middle of unwrapping Bushtit again to coax him to nurse, Towhee suddenly sagged. She didn’t move for a moment, though finally she mustered the energy to push the pup’s nose toward a teat before wearily looking to “Moonwoman” again.

I’m too old for this shit, she said slowly, sounding more than ever like her mouth was full of rocks. Don’t get me wrong, I love him—he’s called Bushtit, by the way—but what the hell was he thinking, Towhee continued, shaking her head, picking me to be his mom? What a little dumbass.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: From your head down to your toes, you’re not much, goodness knows. - by Towhee - September 10, 2024, 01:41 PM