Firefly Glen (PHE) The ballad of the witches’ road.
Sun Mote Copse
Esquire*
5,163 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Kukutux pointed out the camp where she would find her own comrades, though Towhee didn’t look that way just now. Her eyes remained attentive upon the other woman’s face, catching her every word. Little did she know how much unexpected comfort Towhee found in them.

I figured this was actually one of the safest places he could be, with an ally everywhere you look, she said. I plan to keep him close while we’re here, though maybe I’ll dump him on one of you to go sightseeing once or twice, Towhee added, eyes flicking between her grandson and her friend.

Killdeer’s question earned a slight raise of her eyebrow. She knew it was just natural curiosity, though she had always been weary of this question—not just with Bushtit but with every one of her litters. That made her think of something, a phlegmatic snort suddenly escaping her.

Phox, she deadpanned a beat later, just like all the others. Just in case Killdeer didn’t appreciate her sense of humor, she nudged him and added, I don’t know if the truth will make you feel any better: I don’t even know his name. Because it doesn’t matter. He’s not involved.

They hadn’t had very far to walk, which was good considering the little one pattering alongside her. Towhee bent down to lick the top of her son’s head, grateful that he was such a calm and easygoing child. As soon as Kukutux’s kith and kin brought snacks, Bushtit fell upon them with great interest.

Gigantic parties aside, how are things? Towhee asked, tearing her eyes from the pup to once again ping pong between Killdeer’s and Kukutux’s faces.

-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

Please consider the following preferences when writing with me:
• I welcome casual power-play to optimize continuity and flow. Don't miss your chance to infer my character burped, sneezed, etc.
• I love referential tags, so please use them liberally. If you start a thread and tag me for participation, please allow 24-48 hours before proceeding without me. I will do the same for my tagged partners.
• Do not skip me without prior consent. I will also obtain express permission before skipping anyone else. If you want to skip or be skipped, please communicate that clearly beforehand so nobody's left behind or hanging.
• I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for a month. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested! Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply.
Messages In This Thread
(PHE) The ballad of the witches’ road. - by Towhee - October 07, 2024, 09:36 AM
RE: (PHE) The ballad of the witches’ road. - by Killdeer - October 09, 2024, 08:36 PM
RE: (PHE) The ballad of the witches’ road. - by Kukutux - October 11, 2024, 01:09 PM
RE: (PHE) The ballad of the witches’ road. - by Towhee - October 13, 2024, 07:50 PM
RE: (PHE) The ballad of the witches’ road. - by Killdeer - October 13, 2024, 08:31 PM
RE: (PHE) The ballad of the witches’ road. - by Kukutux - October 18, 2024, 05:12 PM
RE: (PHE) The ballad of the witches’ road. - by Towhee - Yesterday, 06:40 PM