Redhawk Caldera are you discussing or fussing or simply dreaming?
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,971 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Towhee really didn't know what Rue might say, no matter how convincing her pitch. She could see her declining out of humility. That didn't happen, exactly. Her initial words made something loosen inside the Sovereign, a sensation which provided immense psychic relief and even made her stomach feel a little less sour. But then she brought up Phox, insisting she couldn't outrank him, which made Towhee's lips press together.

She shook her head. "No, I think having three would defeat the purpose of the role. Might as well just all assume Regent titles and operate as an equal Council." Now that idea might have merit, but Towhee continued, "Which is not something I want to do right now. I want you to have this opportunity, Rue. And as for my brother..."

Towhee remembered when Rue had asked her if Phox would be having more children. She'd told her she couldn't speak for him. She couldn't be sure how he'd feel about this subject, either, though she hazarded a guess and said, "I somehow doubt Phox will want to assume leadership right away, if at all. He needs time to rest and recover from everything he's been through. And we don't even know when he'll be returning. It could be some time yet."

She paused to let the mild ache of that reality pass, realizing she had another point she wanted to make. "Why wouldn't it feel right, Rue? I don't hold it against him at all, but he hasn't been here. You have. You've been here for all of us, but especially me. You've helped me raise my kids, run this pack. Now I want you to rule it with me. I can't think of anyone worthier, Rue."

She thought of mentioning what this meant for breeding rights, knowing what it meant to Rue. Now she wouldn't even need Towhee's blessings, even though she already had them. Towhee decided she would bring it up to sweeten the deal if Rue still showed hesitation. But hopefully she'd made a strong enough case. Though Phox would've been a wonderful candidate were the circumstances different, she stood by everything she'd said.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: are you discussing or fussing or simply dreaming? - by Towhee - August 26, 2021, 11:26 AM