Neverwinter Forest They said, “Love is only equal to the pain.”
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,971 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Perhaps it was silly but she found comfort in the image of Arsenio minding their daughter’s grave, keeping her spirit company. She could see that it meant a lot to Maxim as well. Towhee regarded him sadly as he spoke, aware that he had never known the pain of losing a child until now.

She wondered what would happen if she couldn’t bring herself to go back there, just to be haunted by Leona’s ghost. It was unseemly to bring it up now, so she put the thought aside. Towhee could revisit it in a few days’ time, see how she felt before she broached the topic with Maxim. She wouldn’t want to put him through any more heartache unless absolutely necessary.

Maxim shifted and she moved to intertwine their limbs. She at least had some experience with this pain, whereas her young mate’s schema must be absolutely shattered right now. She turned her head to smooth the crust of tears from the corners of his eyes and cheekbones with her tongue.

After a while, she pulled back a little to ask, Did Phox come with you? And Killer? Jack shouldn’t be far off. You should call for him when you’re ready.

Gloom gathered around them. She couldn’t hear the frigid January wind soughing through the trees, though she felt its bite. Towhee thought she smelled something familiar on the northerly, though she put it out of her mind. She wasn’t particularly interested in their surroundings. All she wanted to do now was gather her boys close and try to get some rest.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: They said, “Love is only equal to the pain.” - by Towhee - January 31, 2023, 04:44 PM