Redsand Canyon To be continued
72 Posts
Ooc — Aero
All Welcome 
Sybol had been wandering about for a couple days, he know he was supposed to find the imperator once he was healed but he seemed to be a tough man to find. He'd gone on an adventure with his friend Tierra, and even chased a goat with Zahir. His ankle definitely wasn't as strong as before and he knew it would take time for it to strengthen again, but he thought with the help of his pack, he just might be able to be even stronger than he was before.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,983 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Today, they divided and conquered. @Jack Snipe went off with @Maxim and Towhee took @Leona to the sparring pit, where the two of them practiced what the Praefectus jokingly called “funky dance moves,” but which were actually exercises to strengthen her daughter’s agility.

After that, she and Leo practiced something Towhee dubbed “velociraptoring.” She dragged a tree branch from elsewhere to the center of the arena, then coached the pup through the steps of an ambush. Eventually, they were able to coordinate and swoop in at the same time to fell their faux prey.

Now it’s time to practice on a moving target, Towhee concluded, motioning for Leona to follow her and stay close while she sought out someone to use as a guinea pig.

When she spotted a stranger, Towhee signed for Leona to crouch but stick with her. Together, they prowled closer. When they were within a certain range, the Praefectus halted but did not make the signal for her daughter to get into position. It would be too risky to pull a stunt on someone they didn’t know, not to mention what looked like a busted ankle.

-Patience…- she signed at the fidgeting Leo, knowing that this would be a good learning opportunity in that regard.

Now, who are you looking for? Towhee wondered in the stranger’s direction, having observed his body language.

You’re absolutely welcome to notice them at anytime. :)
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
72 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Sybol had seen what appeared to him to be a mother and daughter in the sparring pit but it soon dawned on him how quiet it had become. He listened, his ears swiveling backwards, the telltale sound of a fidgeting pup. He jumped around and taking in the scene quickly hopped into a play bow, his tail wagging eagerly. "Hi! I'm Sybol!" Then to the woman at the pup's side, "Do you know where I can find the imperator? I was supposed to find him once I got back on my feet."
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,983 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Towhee went still when the stranger clearly spotted them, her orange eyes tracking his every moment as he came closer. She watched Leona for a reaction when Sybol assumed a playful posture and offered a greeting. Leona looked to Towhee for a cue. The mother signed something to her daughter, then glanced back to catch the stranger’s question.

He’s around here somewhere, Towhee replied slowly. Have you tried howling for him? Since that was more or less a rhetorical question, she added, I’m Towhee, the Praefectus, and this is Leo.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
72 Posts
Ooc — Aero
I wasn't sure if you were going for a trade, feel free to sneak up on him. ;).

Sybol's tail waved in the air. He smiled warmly. "I'm always happy to meet new people though, even if they werent who I was supposed to find." He hadn't actually tried calling for him. He had only been wandering around the canyon hoping for the best. "I forgot to try calling."

His face heated before a realization came to him. ""WAIT! Your Tierra's mom right?" His tail started to wave again. "I'm happy to meet you on such a fine day!" He bowed his head respectively.

He wanted her mom to like him, because he had fun with her and he wanted her to keep teaching him and maybe when she was older he could mean something else to her. His heart and brain were playing funny tricks on him all of a sudden and it was all new to Sybol. To say he was overwhelmed would be an understatement.

He shook his head to clear away his thoughts, maybe the imperator could help him understand? "Right! The Imperator! Sybol blurted. Excuse me Madam." Sybol bowed once more, dismissing himself.

He trotted some distance from the gathering, not far, but far enough he felt he wouldn't be overheard should his call be heeded he called for @Germanicus
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,983 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
He admitted he hadn’t thought to call for the Imperator. He looked a bit embarrassed about it, though before Towhee could say anything further about the matter, Sybol asked her if she was Tierra’s mother.

Yeah, was all she got out before he was bowing his head to her, a move which earned an amused tilt of her head.

What are your intentions with my daughter? she wondered and almost voiced, just to tease him a little bit. Tierra was certainly old enough to court or, hell, take a mate, if that’s what she wanted. Towhee would give her potential suitors a hard time, though just for fun.

She didn’t get the chance to rib the guy, though, before he was excusing himself to call for Germanicus. Towhee blinked and watched him over her shoulder, before returning her gaze to the patiently waiting Leona.

Thanks for being on your best behavior, Towhee said. Sorry the sneaking was a bust, though. We should go grab a snack and then maybe see if we can find someone else to practice on. Come on, lil’ dogie, she coaxed, nudging the youngster as the two of them scooted away.

72 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Sybol quickly grew bored and began to wander throughout the canyon again, he hoped he'd find the Imperator soon. He was confused and he definitely didn't like WATCHING hunting, but at least he learned a lot watching the goat hunt. He cringed when he remembered the snapping of the ankle and the subsequent grinding sound. He just wasn't sure if he could hunt like that. But he was still working on making his body stronger first. Not to mention his random feelings he got when he was with his best friend. What were those? He sighed and dropped to the ground, rolling to his side.