Wheeling Gull Isle do you dream about jesus or quantum mechanics
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
All Welcome 
After tending to @Heda during her labor and delivery; fussing over the newborns for a few hours; then going off to hunt for his depleted wife, Caracal was exhausted. But she needed sleep much more than he did, so he coaxed her to rest her eyes while he kept watch on the babies.

It was all very magical… until it wasn’t. By early morning on their second day, the new father was frazzled. The puppies mostly slept, though it seemed they took shifts so he never got a moment’s respite between cleaning a poopy butt or soothing a fussy infant before it could wake Heda. Sometimes, he did both at once!

For the love of God, he mumbled under his breath after drying off the latest bed wetter, please just be still. Dropping his voice much, much lower, he added, And go the fuck to sleep.

He refused to wake his mate, though he looked at her face and prayed that Heda would wake up soon. Caracal desperately needed some shuteye, especially as intrusive thoughts began crowding in his head between silent screams for help. He just needed a nap, for God’s sake.

And it was only day two.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Rivenwood
Ash

i'd be a believer
if it was all just song and dance
189 Posts
Ooc — Twin
She has existed on this planet for little more than twenty-four hours, and already, she is wild. Between echoing cries and yowls for milk when she struggles to find her mother's breast, she is squirming, tiny, unsteady wiggles that prove her to be helpless. 
But even in chaos, there are moments of calm. 
She had grown more and more familiar with her parents and the smells they brought with them every time she felt a touch. Blood no longer permeates them, and instead, they are more earthy and individual. Instinctually, she is drawn to them. 
It is her father's tongue that she feels pressed up against her body, making her yelp and roll over to her side. On tiny, weak paws, she rolls back over, inching closer to what she thinks is him when she finally bumps into something.  A forepaw.
A high-pitched croon comes from tiny, rose-colored lips, and the pudgy little body of the infant curls around him. He is inescapably large compared to her, but he brings warmth. 
Almost instantly, a wave of calm washes over her. It crashes all at once, strong and heavy, before it swallows her, lulling her towards what must have been sleep. 
144 Posts
Ooc — tazi
On the first day of exodus, Judah learns. Life is a leveling force and air is thin which new lungs struggle to breathe. A small muffled choir raises around him, the heartbeats and their temples can now cry, though he will not.

Every so often his body is enfolded with a long brush of warmth, each one causing feet to stir and ears to wiggle in delight. He learns he can paddle his paws straight out and with enough shimmying can return to the sanctuary, that soft place with milk that smells good.

He does so now, squirming against new gravity towards a soft, deep voice, pushing his nose into the velvety place, finding a familiar rise there and beginning to nurse.

…where is milk? He suckles a little more forcefully.
Loner
I will carry cross and song where I don't belong
46 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Simeon slept while the others caused chaos — the typical sort any newborn would make. Besides, he was still pooped from his shift, which had been an hour before, and then he had both pooped and at once promptly turned round to suckle on that, before something had swept in to clear his snack away.

Rude but okay. He’d cried until he’d fallen asleep, even though he knew that mama’s milk tasted better anyway.

He’d been asleep when his little brother Judah squirmed out from under the crook of his neck. Simeon’s jaw thunked against the ground and he jerked in surprise. Hold up there! Cooler air stirred the space where their bodies had pressed together, and that just wouldn’t do.

Simeon crawled forward (or at least what he thought was forward) until he found Judah again, and he opened his mouth to give him a soft and sloppy raspberry on his side in silly protest against the nerve to leave him back there alone!
Loner
Messenger of God
98 Posts
Ooc — Vami
While some of his siblings were screaming and the eldest was eating his own shit, Malakai was at rest. He grumbled tried his luck at a pathetic growl more then he screamed, but scream he still did! Usually so when his sister started up, as though her screams were what made him want to scream. At just a day old, all he wanted was darkness and sleep and too, silence. 

sloth
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
He sucked in a breath when his little lookalike daughter appeared cross with his paw, for reasons unknown. Fortunately, tiny Dinah curled around it and calmed into silence. Caracal let out his breath.

Now his attention turned to another demanding infant, this one attempting to suckle at one of his dry nipples. Although he was still feeling frayed, he managed a smile at this. He plucked up young Malakai—or perhaps it was Judah, he couldn’t tell—and placed his stubby nose near one of his sleeping wife’s teats.

Before Simeon could find fault with this second separation, Caracal mouthed his midriff and lifted him, plopping him beside Malakai-or-Judah. As soon as he deposited him, he turned to grab the remaining twin, situating all three boys in a row at Heda’s breast.

Go on, he coaxed, trying not to move at all lest he disturb Dinah still resting on his paw, latch. It’s yummy and filling. Who doesn’t want to suck a delicious titty? he mumbled distractedly at his newborn sons.

Did you guys want to continue this? I’m not too fussed about post order. We can wrap it if y’all wanna post one more time? @Dinah @Judah @Simeon @Malakai :)
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Loner
Messenger of God
98 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Gonna slip in my last POS post then!

Judah bitched for food.  Simeon bitched for cleanliness. It was Kai and his sister which craved only warmth and sleep. Hoisted then suddenly into the air, he wiggles his body like a worm as he does it best to free himself from his father's vice grip until he is placed at the side of his brothers and once more laid to rest.
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
The den fell into a peaceful hush. Caracal knew it would last only moments before someone fidgeted, fussed, shat themselves or all three. But he clung to this tiny, momentary respite for dear life, lest he lose his mind. And the tranquility—although doomed to be short-lived—gave him an opportunity to remember that his children were blessings.

Officially wrapping in the name of formation! :)