Ocean's Breath Plateau auntdam
Moontide
First Warrior
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
All Welcome 
they're not quite to the borders! hoping to run into @Kannoyak :D

the seal hunter led @Kilgitsuk along a rocky path. he spoke of idle things; of the seal hunter village he had left behind, of alaric, of njord. of pretty women and skillful men.
all spun to keep his heart from aching as soon as he touched the shoreline.
"moontide is not far. samani's husband, rodyn, leads with a woman who is called heph."
the ocean roared. he turned his head in appreciative glance.
Moonglow
Kappa

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,204 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Kilgitsuk had not intended to seek out Chakliux initially. He had other places he wished to roam; however, their paths crossed a second time and it felt as though they were fated to march together. He accepted the company readily enough, which melted a little bit of the ice in his spirit.

He smiled at the memory of Samani, who he'd met, and the knowledge that she had branched out to become the head of her own village. It piqued his interest to learn that Rodyn was her match, and that she did not lead alongside her husband—but the ways of the villages were always different, so he did not question this.

His time in the north as a trader had frozen more than his spirit, and it would take time for Kilgitsuk to thaw.
167 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Time spent patrolling was beneficial. The white wolf had learned much of the plateau. He had found places that appeared to be favored by those who made Moontide their home. He found the edges of the territory. 

Most surprisingly, he found the seal hunter. Relief washed over him. Kannoyak trotted toward his hunter brother and the pale figure who walked beside him. 

Chakliux, he greeted with warmth on his tongue. Kannoyak wondered what had become of the boy who had recovered in the den. He wondered how many familiar faces were in Moonspear.
Moontide
First Warrior
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
chakliux had not yet said it was samani whom the moon woman and rodyn had lost. he and kilgitsuk moved in amiable silence until pale movement caught the eye of the seal hunter.
"kannoyak!" he exclaimed with great pleasure, dancing forward to touch his scarred shoulders to those of the pathmaker.
"this is kilgitsuk. he is a trader, and known to the moon wolves," chakliux explained, eyes dancing. he was giddy to see kannoyak again, pleased to be in the company of good northern men.
Moonglow
Kappa

1,204 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
They were met by another man. This one was pale and rugged like Chakliux, and they greeted one-another with such a wave of comraderie that Kilgitsuk thought, perhaps they were aokatti.

He nodded to the man Kannoyak as a greeting, but otherwise was silent.
167 Posts
Ooc — Teo
It was a great pleasure to see the white seal hunter. Kannoyak pranced toward him and lifted his head to chuff an affectionate noise. Chakliux had been a brother to him since his arrival in the moonlands. Now, he brought another northern man. 

Kilgitsuk, he spoke the man’s name. A smile was offered. Kannoyak believed they were men of like minds. He did not need to know much about him. Making himself a companion to the seal hunter was enough. 

This one hopes your travels were good for your spirit. A comment meant for both.
Moontide
First Warrior
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
another touch, a laugh. kilgitsuk said nothing and so chakliux experienced a brief moment of unsurety. he covered it with a grin. "you have been away for a time, brother hunter. there is much to speak among us."
"come. we will go to my lodge. do you remember @Tullik, kannoyak? she is my second wife." his steps pulled away from the pair, and soon he would ask for rodyn's presence. "they grieve here," the seal hunter said with more somber nature. "it is samani who has died. she leaves behind rodyn and two sons. for now, they are kept in moonspear. do not speak her name," he warned softly of the cottongrass man and the snowhawk, waiting to see they understood before would call for the man.
Moonglow
Kappa

1,204 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
A brief, threadbare smile crossed his face at Kannoyak's words. Though he meant them kindly, Kilgitsuk could not help thinking of the many roads he'd traveled, people he'd helped, and how sorely he missed his wife; if she was still his wife, given the time and distance apart.

Chakliux spoke up next and explained why the mood here was sombre: the loss of Samani. This came as a great surprise to Kilgitsuk and he could not help the shock that crept through his vision, the raising of his brow, the sudden inward breath where he felt a stinging loss. He nodded an acceptance though—he would not speak her name.

Had she been a matriarch of Tartok, her band would mourn and they would rage, and war, and stain the snow with blood to show their respect. This was not such a place.

I understand. So much had changed, and he had not been here to see it.
167 Posts
Ooc — Teo
A second wife? Kannoyak laughed warmly at this news. It was no surprise that the seal hunter had found another woman who wished to share her life with him. He was a good man. He was a man built for many families and children. His village should be proud of him, the white hunter thought. 

Then the loss of Moontide was shared. Samani, she had been called. Kannoyak had never met her. The flash of sadness that revealed itself on Kilgitsuk’s face was noted with a reverent nod. The man must have known her. 

How long? Since the woman’s death.
Moontide
First Warrior
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
"the days have been thirty, cotton grass hunter." chakliux felt that her spirit would be honored by the way that sorrow and surprise passed across the faces of both his companions. "her mother and sister are sunshine people. they place their dead inside death ulax. they built one here, beside the sea, for her. they sang the death songs for nine nights."
it was done. but the grief went on. chakliux sang out for @Rodyn now, to give entry if he saw fit.
Moonglow
Kappa

1,204 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Kilgitsuk wondered now about how much he had missed.

He recalled many of the moon village rituals. They were oddities for the longest time to the Tartok man, he who was raised without such esoteric leanings or spirituality, but he knew they held an important place for Kukutux and her people.

Chakliux sang a call for Rodyn, and Kilgitsuk became attentive of their surroundings, awaiting the man.
Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,257 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn moved from the edges of moontide. He had been about to go back to the moonspear. But he would not ignore a call.

Yellow eyes alight he headed towards the call and was met with 3 wolves cloaked in white. He blinked surprised but offered a smile to all. Though sad, but warm.

He knew Chakliux, and the wolf he though his name was Kigipigak. Amd there was the hunter Kannoyak who had helped him with his bride price.

Hello!
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
Moontide
First Warrior
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
"hello, rodyn. this is kilgitsuk, this is kannoyak. they are friends to the moon villages."
a pleasant look touched his face. "i have brought them to see moontide and to visit ariadne as she heals."
Moonglow
Kappa

1,204 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Looks like Kannoyak dropped, I'll reply again to continue this but if they come back, feel free to drop them in wherever!!

It wasn't until this moment that Kilgitsuk recognized Rodyn, and felt suddenly very stupid for having forgotten the man. The trader had been to so many places and met many people, helped so much, that some had slipped his mind. He gave the man a friendly bow of his head as greeting.

I will work for my stay. Anything I hunt is upon your land, and will go to your people first. He promised.
Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,257 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
In this Rodyn could understand. He too was a trader and had been far and wide. There were some he was sure he'd forget.

He dipped his head. A small smile for Chakliux. I know them both. Fine hunters!

Rodyn nodded his head at the three men. Though the one name, he knew him, but it was not the name he knew him as. That was okay though. Truly.

I accept the help thank you. You may see them inside to Ariadne.
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
Moontide
First Warrior
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
last for me!

things arranged. trades bartered. all were satisfied. chakliux dipped his head to rodyn in respect and gratitude before leading the other hunters to where ariadne healed in her lodge.