Swiftcurrent Creek And never ask us why
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,465 Posts
Ooc — xynien
All Welcome 
Reverie was no tracker. Tybault had followed Reina's scent and blood trail, while her own task was to search the taiga and valley for any overlapping scents with the unfamiliar one they'd picked up at their borders. And she was no guardian, either. She wouldn't be of any use if she did find trouble, or Reina herself. All she could do was run back to her pack and find another route to take them far away.

It became clear eventually that Reina had not been taken into the valley. This was, in theory, what Reverie had hoped for. The valley was meant to be their haven from the constant chaos of their remote mountain home, at least until they gained their bearings. Yet she felt hollow.

She found herself nearing Swiftcurrent Creek's borders, eyes red-rimmed with exhaustion and grief. Impulsively, Reverie nearly called out for Arric. She would have gone to him about something like this in the past. But he had his own life now. His own concerns.

She wasn't quite sure why she was here at all.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,101 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette trotted along the border. So far she had been doing okay with her morning sickness, but that was only due to the fact that she knew what herbs to take as a medic. She was glad for it because it made the first signs a little bit easier. But with those symptoms only came happiness as well, because it meant that she was probably pregnant. It was something she hadn't expected to happen again. Then there was Arric, someone she never expected to become such a big part in her life. She had liked that the most, how it had grown from friendship to love.

Now, Arlette wasn't really a guardian. But she figured she at least mark some part of the border while Akavir and Arric where busy. What she didn't expect was a sandy female to just... stand there. Arlette chuffed in greeting. She did smell of a pack, she wasn't sure which one. "um.... Hi! Can I help you with anything?" Arlette asked as she stepped a little closer. She noticed then that the female red rimmed eyes.

"Oh no, what happened?," Arlette instantly worried for her. Her tail gently wagging over her hocks. She knew this was a stranger, at least, to her still, but she could hardly leave an exhausted woman on their borders right?!

I figured they should meet!!!
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,465 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Omg yesss <3
It was a small, pale woman who found her, a pretty dainty thing who Reverie immediately knew as the woman who would make Arric a father this year. It was the scent of him shrouding her which gave it away. Once, not very long ago at all, Reverie might have been terribly jealous.

But here and now, she only offered a tired, sad smile to the woman's worry. Hi. Sorry, I didn't mean to get so close... I - I'm looking for one of my packmates. She went missing just a few days ago, Like so many others. I'm Reverie. I'm - a friend of Arric's. I used to live here.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,101 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
<3 <3

Arlette stepped closer when the female reacted kindly. "Not to worry,' Arlette told her. She didn't think the female was too close to their borders. The female face fell with worry. "I'm sorry to hear it,' she spoke. "Perhaps I can help," she offered. She would help looking but perhaps that was not what would benefit the female. Maybe a good meal and some rest before continuing her search would help her the most.

"A friend of Arric's? Oh I'm Arlette, I'm his mate," she smiled. "And even lived here? Well then I have to help you even more!," she spoke without hesitation and stepped now next to her. Her tail wagged. "Come, I will find you a meal and a place to rest your legs," she spoke and motioned with her head to follow her inside the territory. "Maybe some of us can even help search."
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,465 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Arlette; the healer. It was odd, sorting these little pieces she'd heard about the woman into a full image now. Even so, Reverie immediately liked her.

Thank you. That's kind of you, She said softly, moving to follow her further into what she sometimes wished was not such familiar ground. Her time here had been a mistake. Leaving had been a mistake. Reverie let out a small breath, looking around for a moment with wondering eyes. It was always so beautiful here in spring.

I don't think she was taken this way, Reverie shook her head forlornly, dragging herself back to painful reality in the next beat. I - I'm hoping to bring my pack into the valley soon. At least for a little while. We can't stay in the mountains. It's - it's too dangerous there - this is the second wolf we've lost to trespassers.

I should um... I should probably ask Akavir if that's okay, actually, She added, a little sheepish. She ought to have thought of it sooner. I wanted to stay in the Emberwood.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,101 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette instantly smiled at the other. Please, it is the least I can do, she assured her with a smile. Arlette guided her a little deeper into the territory. She remembered a cache that wasn't too far but far enough from the border to be protected. She made her stop, it was close to a small stream if she wanted a drink. Arlette started to pull the branches and other leaves off the deer they killed.

How do you know for certain that they were taken? she asked curiously. Maybe there had been signs, but she wondered how a wolf was taken. Oh really? No way. I didn't know the mountains were that rough lately. Arlette remembered a time where the Saints also holed up in the mountains for protection against enemies.

Why would you need to ask Akavir?, she sounded generally curious. It wasn't that he was the boss of the valley, at least that she knew off. But perhaps it was the proximity? Maybe? She wasn't long into leadership so how did she know, right?

She pointed her muzzle at the partly uncovered stag carcass. Here you go, eat as much as you need.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,465 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Lately. Reverie wondered if the woman had experience with the mountains, but could not muster the energy to ask. Not now. We found her scent and blood mixed with a stranger's - and she wouldn't have left willingly... She too wondered how it had happened. But there was no denying the evidence.

I just want to make sure that - that it's okay for us to be so close, Reverie continued softly, murmuring another thanks as she took some of the offered meat. Her daughters were nearly fully weaned now, so she ate less often, but even then it'd been too long since her last meal. Lately her appetite was always fleeting. My daughters are still young, so they might wander around the borders. I try to keep an eye on them, but they're... willful. A faint smile flashed across her features as she said it.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,101 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette felt her hope of Reverie's packmate being okay wane. What the woman spoke of didn't sound good at all. Arlette was never good to hide her feelings or expressions. That doesn't sound good,she admitted quietly to the other woman. I hope that she will turn up fine, but I won't lie that even my hope falters at hearing that.

Arlette nodded then. It was very thoughtful of the woman to ask and consider them. I can call for him so you can ask? Arlette didn't feel like she was the one to decide that. She was just the beta, and a role that was only recently assigned to her. Plus she got the role because she was Arric's mate and not specifically on her skills. It was okay. She would do her best. Ah yes, willful daughters, she chuckled. She wondered if she was going to get some this year. I am pretty sure that it will be okay, especially if we know they are yours. What are their names? It might be good for Cygnet for socialization if Reverie's daughters would come over.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,465 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Reverie could only nod grimly, reminded of Kukutux's words. Do not think about it. How else was she meant to cope with so much loss?

The offer of Akavir's presence brought a small tension to her, however. Her first instinct was to refuse, but she bit that back in favor of politeness. Any other time she might have agreed readily to the meeting, but Reverie still felt on the verge of tears, and Akavir of all wolves was not to be trusted with her grief. Perhaps one day they might call each other friends, however tentatively — but Reverie didn't think she would ever forget the things he'd said to her.

So she hesitated. Oh, that's... that's alright. I don't want to bother him. But I'd appreciate it very much if you could pass on the message. I'm sure he'll come tell me if it bothers him, At least this way she would have some time to prepare to see him. She hadn't been given the luxury of a warning when he'd visited the willows. Reverie warmed when she spoke of her daughters, however; Their names are Dahlia, Foxglove, and Petal. They're nearly weaned now - and a handful.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,101 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Tag for reference/knowledge

Arlette nodded that she was a little tense, she just let it go and not to think about it too much. It made sense that the female was just tired. Arlette instantly nodded when she asked her to tell Akavir. She would tell @Akavir that Reverie had asked if it was okay for them to settle so close. Then he could decide on that, and reach out to her. Arlette didn't think not too much of it. Reverie seemed kind and not one to cause trouble.

"Certainly!," she spoke and then nudged the food closer. She should eat. "Ah wonderful names," she hummed. "I would be worried if they weren't," she chuckled warmly. Arlette sat down. "Don't be too worried, if they wander to close I am certain they wouldn't be harmed. Not on my watch at least," she assured the mother. "I hope that settles some of the nerves?"