Sun Mote Copse Mad world.
Sun Mote Copse
Rover
5,045 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
When Fennec corrected her, Towhee made no reply. She sensed she had more to say, and she was correct. The yearling offered up a fairly cut and dry rendition of the story. She couldn't recall Eljay's or Niamh's versions word for word (unlike her narrator, who has the benefit of copy and paste), though she thought back on what each of them had said, recalling particular details.

According to Eljay, "I asked Fennec to help me by cleaning the boy's wounds. I... didn't expect trouble, so I went off to see if I could find herbs for the pain. When I returned, Fennec was gone. Niamh had told her to leave and shoved her off, apparently."

"But the whole story is this," came Niamh's voice in her memory, "Eljay asked Fennec to treat Rasalas's wounds while he went to find herbs. But given the fact I've more experience treating wounds, and how shy and pained the boy was, I asked Fennec to help me get him warmed up while I tended his wounds. She commanded me to move and gave me a shove; and I wasn't having that attitude near a child who was already shell-shocked enough as it was. So I sent her off."

Towhee recollected that Eljay had briefly left, thus he hadn't actually witnessed the altercation itself. Both Niamh and Fennec claimed the other had shoved her, while failing to mention any aggressive action on her own part. If nothing else, it was extremely curious to compare and contrast these witness statements of sorts.

She remembered how eventually Niamh had come around and admitted she needed to apologize to Fennec, which indicated a guilty conscience. Evidently the Regent hadn't gotten around to it yet. Towhee could've told Fennec about it but that was both Niamh's business and her responsibility. Besides, she really, really didn't want to meddle. They were both grown women, they could handle this themselves.

"Niamh shouldn't have gone against you and Eljay," Towhee eventually said, likewise resisting any temptation to defend her friend. She would leave it at that, let the two of them hash out the rest, though she did add, "It's not my place but I'm still sorry it happened. It wasn't fair to you. And as I'll say again and again, anyone that tries to argue medicine with Eljay is," she finished, taking the words right from Niamh's own mouth, "an asshat."
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Mad world. - by Towhee - September 23, 2020, 08:58 PM
RE: Mad world. - by Fennec - September 24, 2020, 12:28 AM
RE: Mad world. - by Towhee - September 24, 2020, 08:35 AM
RE: Mad world. - by Fennec - September 27, 2020, 02:51 PM
RE: Mad world. - by Towhee - September 28, 2020, 11:08 AM
RE: Mad world. - by Fennec - September 28, 2020, 02:39 PM
RE: Mad world. - by Towhee - September 28, 2020, 03:17 PM
RE: Mad world. - by Fennec - September 28, 2020, 05:06 PM
RE: Mad world. - by Towhee - September 28, 2020, 07:07 PM
RE: Mad world. - by Fennec - September 29, 2020, 01:08 AM
RE: Mad world. - by Towhee - September 29, 2020, 10:04 AM