Ouroboros Spine From your head down to your toes, you’re not much, goodness knows.
Sun Mote Copse
Esquire*
5,128 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Just noting that we’re skipping Rodyn with permission given via Discord.

Kukutux’s words struck cold fear in Towhee’s heart. Her son hadn’t just come too late in the season, he’d come too late in his mother’s life. She looked down at him and tried to swallow the huge lump in her throat. She hated the feeling of helpless futility that threatened to choke off her very breath.

Fighting tears, Towhee attempted to focus on “Moonwoman’s” lips. She tried to keep in mind that all hope was not lost as she thought of how to answer her critical question. She needed them to understand the urgency, all the while hoping for reassurance.

Starting last night, he kept trying to nurse, only to unlatch and cry. I could tell he wasn’t getting anything. I tried for hours, then decided I needed to go for help. Towhee glanced heavily at Meadow, then Rodyn, before her misty eyes returned to Kukutux. I know there are herbs that can help but I don’t know if there’s enough time…

Again, she looked at Meadow. Her baby’s fate was now in her—and Kukutux’s—hands, and Towhee could only hope that she was wrong about that. She replayed the woman’s words as they’d left Moontide: “But we also need to keep trying to cluster feed him any chance you get or else what milk you have will probably dry up.”

She pulled Bushtit to her again, curling around him as she unwrapped the swaddling and tried to wake him. He roused, so Towhee mouthed him closer to a teat. He pushed his paws against her skin and she thought he was resisting at first, though he began to knead as he latched.

Towhee sucked in a hopeful breath, then lifted her gaze to the women and Rodyn to say, Whatever I have to do, I’ll do it. Just please help me keep this little guy alive.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: From your head down to your toes, you’re not much, goodness knows. - by Towhee - September 09, 2024, 02:32 PM