Mount Everfall I'm gonna go stop the Big Bad Wolf.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Towhee didn't check to see if @Niamh (or whoever ended up partnered with her) was coming with her. The instant the hawk's message processed, she let out a strangled, "No!" and simply took off after him. She ignored the pounding of her heart and the shakiness in her limbs as X doubled back, leading her in a southwestern direction. Surely he was wrong about what he'd found, although Towhee suspected he wasn't. He was quite familiar with Orca, who was one of his closest allies in the pack after Towhee.

Unfortunately, X had not made a mistake. Towhee's heart leaped into her throat when she saw the crumpled body. She halted, then crept toward it, a whine burbling in her throat. She could see the familiar white markings even from several yards away. With another, "No..." she crouched beside Orca, reaching out to tenderly nose her face. She was clearly dead: broken, cold and stiff to the touch.

She had intended to return to the plateau with her litter mate's blood on her hands. But this was not the right sibling and Orca had not deserved this fate. A great sigh gusted out of Towhee when she realized the hunt for Screech ended here, at least for now. It was much more important to get Orca's body back home for a proper burial.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
I'm gonna go stop the Big Bad Wolf. - by Towhee - June 20, 2018, 02:05 PM
RE: I'm gonna go stop the Big Bad Wolf. - by RIP Niamh - June 21, 2018, 10:41 AM
RE: I'm gonna go stop the Big Bad Wolf. - by Towhee - June 21, 2018, 11:26 AM
RE: I'm gonna go stop the Big Bad Wolf. - by RIP Niamh - June 21, 2018, 11:58 AM
RE: I'm gonna go stop the Big Bad Wolf. - by Towhee - June 21, 2018, 01:16 PM
RE: I'm gonna go stop the Big Bad Wolf. - by RIP Niamh - June 23, 2018, 01:15 PM
RE: I'm gonna go stop the Big Bad Wolf. - by Towhee - June 26, 2018, 12:46 PM
RE: I'm gonna go stop the Big Bad Wolf. - by RIP Niamh - June 26, 2018, 08:59 PM
RE: I'm gonna go stop the Big Bad Wolf. - by Towhee - July 02, 2018, 07:13 PM
RE: I'm gonna go stop the Big Bad Wolf. - by RIP Niamh - July 05, 2018, 10:15 AM
RE: I'm gonna go stop the Big Bad Wolf. - by Towhee - July 05, 2018, 09:33 PM