Ghost Lion Crag In the hall of the mountain king.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
"North," Towhee answered promptly, gazing distantly in that direction for a heartbeat before facing Hydra again, "although I won't go farther than the slough today. I don't want to be gone too long." She paused, unsure how to answer her companion's next question. She had never thought about it before, though Towhee did so now, mulling for several minutes before saying, "She smells earthy," presumably because of how much time Sugar spent with plants and soil. "Even now that it's colder, she smells like spring."

Hydra's next question took Towhee entirely by surprise, though she instantly felt honored by the invitation and wanted to accept it. She didn't know her comrade's children personally, so the appeal lay in the black queen herself. The mercenary's expression was unmistakable: she was gladdened by the suggestion. But she didn't say anything right away, taking a moment to gather her thoughts on the matter.

"My litter mates are all gone, my other siblings too," Towhee said, her tone full of naked pain, unbeknownst to her. Once, she would've turned a cold shoulder to them, though nowadays, she couldn't imagine blocking out the likes of Phox or Raven, no matter how many times they came and went. All the same, "There are few wolves who've been here all along, never failing me, never wavering, never walking away... I'd like to commemorate that." She paused. "You could be the sister I chose, your kids my nieces and nephews, if that works," she finished with a smile touching her eyes and mouth.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
In the hall of the mountain king. - by Towhee - December 03, 2019, 02:40 PM
RE: In the hall of the mountain king. - by Hydra - December 03, 2019, 02:53 PM
RE: In the hall of the mountain king. - by Towhee - December 03, 2019, 03:59 PM
RE: In the hall of the mountain king. - by Hydra - December 03, 2019, 04:30 PM
RE: In the hall of the mountain king. - by Towhee - December 03, 2019, 05:34 PM
RE: In the hall of the mountain king. - by Hydra - December 03, 2019, 06:34 PM
RE: In the hall of the mountain king. - by Towhee - December 03, 2019, 06:50 PM
RE: In the hall of the mountain king. - by Hydra - December 03, 2019, 10:27 PM
RE: In the hall of the mountain king. - by Towhee - December 03, 2019, 10:57 PM
RE: In the hall of the mountain king. - by Hydra - December 04, 2019, 10:34 AM
RE: In the hall of the mountain king. - by Towhee - December 09, 2019, 12:19 PM