Sun Mote Copse You'll float too.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She hastily loped back toward what was left of Wildfire, trying not to think too hard about what she was about to do. Towhee still hesitated as she bent down to take the skull in her jaws, feeling very uneasy. Just as she opened her mouth, a flurry of motion at her side made her jump a foot in the air. Purely out of instinct, she let out a sharp snarl as she whirled, only to find an utterly distressed Phox.

Towhee hadn't caught what he'd said or signed, yet as she glanced between her brother's face and the remains, she quickly connected the dots. -"No, it's not Alyx,"- she said quickly. There was that patch of reddish fur still clinging to the cheek; and the body was too decomposed to be fresh; and she'd found Wildfire's grave empty. There was no way to be absolutely certain—they couldn't exactly call in a forensics team—but she was pretty damn sure.

But the look of horror on Phox's face gave her pause. She slowly looked down at the partial skeleton again. Was the skull a little too large? Or was she just in denial? What about the patch of fur? Both twins had shades of gold and rust woven into their fur, including on their faces. The Sovereign's heart began to thud painfully. But then where was Wildfire's corpse, if not right here?

-"It's Wildfire,"- she said quietly, her face pinched. Towhee was no longer quite convinced. -"We're going to find Alyx alive."- If it was denial, then maybe it was best to just lean into it.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
You'll float too. - by Towhee - September 02, 2020, 10:54 AM
RE: You'll float too. - by Phox - September 03, 2020, 07:29 AM
RE: You'll float too. - by Towhee - September 03, 2020, 09:39 AM
RE: You'll float too. - by Phox - September 05, 2020, 08:31 AM
RE: You'll float too. - by Towhee - September 07, 2020, 01:45 PM
RE: You'll float too. - by Quetzal - September 10, 2020, 07:20 PM
RE: You'll float too. - by Phox - September 12, 2020, 10:06 AM
RE: You'll float too. - by Towhee - September 12, 2020, 03:58 PM
RE: You'll float too. - by Quetzal - September 14, 2020, 07:37 PM
RE: You'll float too. - by Phox - September 30, 2020, 08:44 PM
RE: You'll float too. - by Towhee - October 01, 2020, 12:42 PM