Meadowlark Prairie Oh Lord, Heaven Knows We Belong Way Down Below [Pack Hunt]
Loner
675 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Warrior
Pack Activity 

The dark raven ventured out a little farther from the territory today in search of something other than rabbit to hunt. If that’s all she came across however the female wouldn’t complain too much. Food was good after all and it was truly better than nothing and letting the pack starve. 

She heard the creature before she seen he seen it. Luckily the wind was in her side today and once it came into view she knew what it was and knew she wouldn’t be able to take down the buffalo alone. She went back the way she came, making sure not to make any noise and spook it before she could call for the pack. 

Once she She was a safe distance away and closer to her packs territory she let out a single howl calling the pack to her position. If they succeeded they would eat good soon.
”Common” "Spanish"
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
He was sore from both of the fights and his mood sour but Serem's call grabbed his attention enough for him to stand and head in her direction. He thought it interesting how she was able to summon them as if she lead them, something he had only heard Vengeance and one other do before. If he tried to do that would he be able to get their attention? 

The thought bounced around his mind as he arrived to silently give her his attention, not speaking a single word but just staring at her with eery silver eyes.
3/10 mastery
i'm going to bring it all back to you
848 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Guardian
Rogue
bison was not a creature astara had ever hunted before, and as she gathered alongside valour, she delivered serem a deadpan look of surprise as if to say that is what you have chosen? that literal hunk of immovable, inviolable death? her gaze flickered from stout beast to tall she-wolf -- surely, it was not a task for the uninitiated.

astara did not speak, but the discontent was visible as she waited -- no, longed -- for merrick to arrive. he was her mouthpiece, her boon -- without him she felt no more relevant than a stunted rose growing in the shade, unobserved as the rest of the world simply passed her by. surely he would be along any moment now -- surely, he would say what she could not in terms of how improbable their success seemed.

»» they may promise you that the river ain't too deep. ««
»» player policies ««
this is my book
and i know how to work the spells and charms in it
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
arrive he did, and with an open expression of disdain as he sidled alongside astara. "we'll have meat enough or one of us will die, chicky," he quipped, feathering his teeth through the fur along the base of her ear. "either way, we're all eating." teeth flashed in a roguish glint; he turned his stare first to the man who had summoned them, and then to the others.
nightwalkers, a cold bunch, and merrick cared nothing for their lives nor their death. only astara mattered; only she quickened the cool beat of his veins, and this day he must not lose her, else one of the other fools would find himself with a ripped throat and a shallow grave.
75 Posts
Ooc —
She heard the females call and went to where it originated and caught the smell of bison and she got a little scared. She knew she was a decent hunter but could they even take that thing down? Either way she stood and waited for instructions.
Hunter: 1/5

Máscara del diablo
461 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
She arrived behind Vengeance for she was close to him at the time. Just wondering if he did anything other than eat anything that crossed his path or being the big, bad Warlord.
Her stalking revealed nil.

She looked to Serem, the only one she'd even start to consider a friend.
She watched the rest, feeling the trepidation before the hunt. That was why they were here right?
Better be.
| | | |                              "Common" "Spanish"
Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Specifying that the bison is bleeding with permission. ♥

Prey had been worryingly scarce ever since the tremors became more violent. He exited the Haunt at a trot to answer Serem's call, willing to bet she'd found something that could put a damper on the threat of starvation — at least for a while. When Black Hat arrived on the scene, he was taken aback upon discovering that the "something" was a bison. He had experience hunting all sorts of deer, but bison was a prey item he only heard other packs brag about taking down.

He could smell the metallic odor of the beast's blood in the air, and it coaxed drool to pool in his mouth until it dribbled down from his snaggleteeth in strands. The caches that remained were dwindling, and his meals had been lighter than desired as a result. But the issue still stood that they needed to actually kill the thing before that would change, and that was no easy feat, even with an injured bison.

Black Hat was miffed he was expected to put his precious, invaluable life on the line for a meal. But he was merely a grunt in this band of miscreants, so he didn't have much say in the matter. His usual scowl deepened at the thought. May as well be smart about this, then. We'll need a solid plan to take this thing down, He started, taking the initiative. His mismatched gaze swept across everyone as he spoke. The swifter of us can act as a distraction while the rest focus on dealing as much damage as possible. He glanced at Vengeance for his approval of the plan so far, and if he received it, he would then ask, So, who is doing what?
Within the dark, he s͎͇̲͎̪͂͒̉͂̐t̤͈͉̱̝̍͒͊̚̚͟͡r̢̧̜̞̔͐͋̅i̛̖̜͎͍̫͍͆͐̈͞͡ǩ̩͉̈́͜͞e̝̭̩̔͂́s̘̘̓̍͗͜
♚ JOIN CORONA
stars cannot shine without darkness
469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Tzila had been expecting this hunt. Earlier, she and Serem had discussed the need for one, and it had been agreed upon that it would be passed by Venegeance. But what she did not expect, was the choice of prey Serem had selected. A massive hulk of a bison. Injured but still no less formidable in it's own right.

She followed the group to heed the sergeants call, silver eyes gleaming with anticipation. Tight lipped, she arrived, pinning her ears back whilst gazing on their prey. A herd of deer or even a bull moose would have been easier than this. As she had stated before with Serem, this would be the ultimate test for the Nightwalkers. Was this her way of truly proving their strength? She had better have a solid plan. Darkly, she fixed her eyes on @Valour and @Hela. They were young...but the perfect bait to draw the bison’s wrath.
I Am Better Than You Think
105 Posts
Ooc —
It seemed as if everyone had reacted to the call. Of course, they did though, food was fleeting and they would all be hungry if things continued the way they did. In the distance, beasts roamed, much larger than the heards she was used to, but as a group, it was surely possible. One man spoke up, a weird bramble twined atop his head, his plan involved a similar strategy to that of a deer hunt.

She was fast, she could easily dodge the sways of a stampeding beast. If that is our approach, I am swift enough for a distraction. A few more to join me would be appreciated. She would not argue the strategy, she too craved their meat. Survival was always her game, and pack life had its own perks even if it meant looking out for more than just yourself.
Thread log, played by Aso, #008080 , pawprint, Alice's Playlist 4/10* 3/5*, * = incomplete threads
Loner
675 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Warrior
nopost order next round on the second.

It was a huge turnout it had seemed and most of the pack had joined in for the hunt. She now had to think of how the hell they were to take the beast down but it seemed another packmate has already formulated a plan of attack. As she listened it sounded as though it could work.

once the male finished others spoke up and so did she. "I believe I'd be best at the dealing damage. " she wasn't very quick for the distraction but she looked to Radar whom she had seen hunt before. "Radar your quick you should join Allison in the distraction." All the small female did was nod at serem and that was good enough for her.
”Common” "Spanish"
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Valour listened as everyone pitched in ideas, Black Hat being the one who took the lead from Serem for a moment which caused his lips to twitch in amusement. The plan didnt mean anything to Valour who had done no hunting except for occasionally getting a vole or a fat, slow squirrel off guard. He understood about needing someone fast to be a distraction and he immediately saw an opportunity to prove himself a useful pack member and not a pup in need of care, when everyone snatched it up volunteering themselves. His eyes flashed and he moved closer, standing proud as he looked between Serem and Blackhat "Let me help. I'm small and that makes it easier for me to get away. It also means if I die or get injured, it's no real loss to anyone anyway" he spoke logically, cringing just a bit at the thought of dying or being gored by the giant lumbering prey that Serem had chosen. "if I'm going to eat, im going to help" he stated in a tone that meant he wasn't going to be told no on it and if he was, he'd most likely scurry into the fray and do something anyway.
3/10 mastery
Máscara del diablo
461 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
"I will distract it and attack where I can." Vanity was good at dealing with both hands and wasn't afraid. Sure, this beast was bigger than any she'd encountered but that didn't put her off. Strength in a pack was strength in a hunt, and they sure as hell had a pack.

Her eyes slid to the child that had spoken so boldly. Where had vengeance even found it? It had seen death, that was evident. She could tell when they had.
So young, yet so exposed. Was being here sane for a child not even of their blood?
"I will keep an eye on the Whelp. You stay close to me." She looked to him directly with the instruction. She'd be damned if the kid died. Besides, if she could teach yearlings to kill snakes she could teach one not to get bulldozed by a chunky deer. Hell, she didn't even know the name of it.
this is my book
and i know how to work the spells and charms in it
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
merrick did not volunteer his skills. he had led a great hunt once; the memory of it thrummed in his blood. but even with that victory, the boy was not so vain as to assume he would be able to do the same here. a far larger beast, a far fiercer quarry.
therefore, he would do as directed, but the huntmaster's direction would come second to the boy's insistence that he stay alongside astara, protect her from the snapping teeth of their fellows, the heavy hooves of the hunted.
she was his, and he was hers.

Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Smartly, everyone seemed to be in agreement with his plan. The boy was apathetic regarding the probability of his own death, and Black Hat wasn't about to argue him on it. If he died, that meant more for the rest of them to eat — even if they failed to take down the bison. The masked woman insisted on taking on both roles, which he was not opposed to. On top of that, she elected to take on the responsibility of keeping the boy alive. Good luck with that, he telegraphed through mismatched eyes.

I myself will focus on attacking. Stick to its hind end; the front appears to be its strongest point. If we go for the hocks, it won't be able to stay on its feet long. Bleed it out if we must, patience appears to be key here, He instructed everyone, glancing across them all once more. Presuming there were no objections, he would shift his gaze to Serem. Let's get this show on the road, then. She was the one to call the hunt, so he would let her lead — unless Vengeance decided to take up that role.
Within the dark, he s͎͇̲͎̪͂͒̉͂̐t̤͈͉̱̝̍͒͊̚̚͟͡r̢̧̜̞̔͐͋̅i̛̖̜͎͍̫͍͆͐̈͞͡ǩ̩͉̈́͜͞e̝̭̩̔͂́s̘̘̓̍͗͜
♚ JOIN CORONA
Loner
675 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Warrior
Next round in 4 days to a week

Seemed like everyone had a general sense of what they were capable and willing to do based on strengths and the female was satisfied with the fact that no one seemed to complain about the plan. She looked to the male and gave a nod. "Since this is your plan I think it'd be best for you to take over lead." She said simply.
”Common” "Spanish"
469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Tzila could care less what roles the others played in taking down the bison. It didn't even matter to her if the young boy got gored or trampled. All she cared about was that they stayed out of her way and that they wound up with a meal. Otherwise she would deem their skills of working as a unit a failure. And that, would lead to more than just a few choice words in their ears.

Enough of them had offered to distract the beast, which was fine with her. While quick enough on her feet, for this occasion the obsidian female was more interested in getting up close and dirty. Of sinking her teeth into thick, warm flesh. After Black Hat and Serem finished speaking, it was her turn. "I will assist in inflicting as much damage as possible. I suspect a creature like this, despite his size, may be more nimble than we give him credit for." She cautioned, silver eyes narrowing. Such was often the case with large prey, although bison was not an animal she had hunted before. During her time surviving on her own, looking after herself, she had learned early on there were times you could get away with recklessness. And others, where it was better safe than sorry.
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
It burned him inside that his display of fearlessness was overlooked by everyone and he ground his teeth together when Vanity declared herself a babysitter and demanded he stay with her. He stared daggers into her face silently as others stepped forward and then when Serem passed the lead to Black Hat he growled, striding forward his tail high. "I'll start my piece" his voice was cold as he brushed past Vanity without a single look, picking up speed until he reached the Buffalo. He stopped when he was a safe distance away, eyes flaring wide at the sheer size of the beast. It was like four or five adult wolves thrown together if not more and had horns that could impale two at a time. It looked weak and reeked of blood and festering wounds but it's brown eyes fell upon him and sparked with alarm and hatred as it released a long bellow and blew air at him angrily. He looked back over his shoulder for a moment, hesitating to do this alone anymore before he caught sight of the other Nightwalkers and his hackles rose, drive to be better than them one day causing him to whirl around and bare his fangs, sneaking forward head low as he circled a perimeter around the buffalo, feigning snaps to gain its attention. 

I'm sorry he's so rude! Just kinda wanted to kick things into gear a bit<3
3/10 mastery
Máscara del diablo
461 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Well then.
It was decided, it seemed.
She was about to start leading that little shit out but no. It just had to go because of it's stupid big head...
Vanity wasn't about to chase him. Get himself killed for all she cared.

But they needed to eat and this opportunity was too good to pass up. So of course, she started after him after giving her packmates a look of despair. She'd guide the child, not babysit it and she'd protect it if it didn't see danger coming, but if it was running into the danger well she couldn't help that so.

She started into an easy lope, following the child and the guidance from Serem who'd located the beast. Vanity knew it had seen Valour and the turd was gonna get skewered if it wasn't careful. She kept her pace, moving to dance before it. A bigger threat, a bigger target. She'd have to be quick on her toes. Just distract it enough so someone could get it's throat.

The beast started moving towards her, picking up some speed in its injured state. She darted too far from its path for it to quickly turn on her, but she wasn't about to stop moving. She barked, tail curling before darting back the other way. 

I Am Better Than You Think
105 Posts
Ooc —
It seemed everyone had decided on a place for themselves in the hunt and luckily the numbers balanced well. This was not her hunt to run so she planned to wait for the signal...except a certain eagerly stupid pup ran out snapping for the lumbering beast's attention. Vanity was quick to follow, perhaps to ensure the kid's survival, not that he would be helpful in the future if he always planned to rush into things.

Alice decided it was enough to start the hunt. If they waited around for an official call there was the chance that their prey would be on to their plans and attempt to escape. Vanity followed the boy to one side, barking to gather it's attention to her instead of the kid. Seeing this, the Bel moved to the opposite side, her jaws snapping at the buffalo's side in an attempt to scare and pressure the beast. It could not charge one individual if there was a threat waiting on the other side.
Thread log, played by Aso, #008080 , pawprint, Alice's Playlist 4/10* 3/5*, * = incomplete threads
Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Serem handed the baton to him. But before they could formally begin, the boy decided to make an absolute fool of himself and charged at the bison alone. The pack trickled after him in their own time. With a glower and a low rumble of irritation, Black Hat followed suit. He took up the rear of the beast as the women distracted it, catching the tender flesh of its flank in his teeth. With a satisfying rip and the sweet taste of blood, he retreated.

The bison bellowed in its frenzy, overwhelmed by the swarm of bodies and the sting of teeth in its side. It swung its massive head around to gore him with its sharp horns, but he nimbly dodged the blow. With its attention on the immediate threat, the hind end of the beast was left open to further attacks.
♚ JOIN CORONA
469 Posts
Ooc — Mai

No sooner had Serem confirmed that their strategy was sound, did the tawny pup Valour, brazenly run out charging after the bison. Vanity had explicitly said to him to stay close. Tzila's eyes narrowed, a sneer of distaste marring her features. It would serve the little spoiled brat right if he got gored, or even killed. He'd have no one to blame but himself for his stupidity.

Charging ahead alongside the others, her nimble legs made short work of the distance between herself and her prey. While others distracted it as planned, when she saw her opening, she lunged. Diving for its exposed haunch, yet mindful of the deadly hooves, she clamped her jaws down hard, sinking her teeth deep into its thick hide. She thrashed her head violently to inflict further damage into the muscle, before pulling away to narrowly dodge a bone crushing kick of its hoof.
Loner
675 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Warrior
Seemed everyone was on the same page except for the young pup who took it upon himself to charge the animal head on and she shook her head. Vanity followed suit and it only seemed logical now that she do the same. The hunt was on.

Everyone was administering damage and she thought back to what Vengeance has told her when she brought the hunt up to him and she rushed to the animals side; being careful not to get bucked by its hooves and snapped harshly at its side and underbelly; the animals blood gracing her muzzle and teeth with its blood only fueled her.

Last round! Feel free to make lethal shots!
”Common” "Spanish"
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
tosses this in here. I rolled for a super lethal hit but he's a pup so I'm going as realistic as possible

The feeling of leaving them behind was great if he could just get past the looming beast. The bison had turned on him with a snort of fury and for a moment he was frozen in fear before he heard Vanity come in, the female gaining the pet's attention quick enough for him to circle and pace at the outskirts of the fray as the rest of the pack came forward. He watched with awe as they all darted in and out, avoiding being struck by the bellowing beast as it's blood was spilled. Time ran slowly and he was caught between wanting to watch and learn and join his pack mates in the kill. 

Finally he saw a chance, the bison was distracted by Serem and without thinking it through Valour ran for it's neck, springing up and sinking his fangs into the thick skin. The taste of blood spilled over his tongue and he snarled, a surge of victory making him bite harder, dangling from the beast for a few moments before it began to shake and thrash to get him off and being as small as he was he went flying, hitting the ground and rolling over and over before coming to a stop, stunned and laying still. He wasnt injured, bruised and battered a bit but he knew he could get up which he did shakily, licking the blood from his maw and wagging, glad he had gotten one good bite in amongst the adults.
3/10 mastery
75 Posts
Ooc —
This is where she leaves feel free to have someone see her or something but nothing else!

She was debating on going after all of them but something kept her from doing so. She wasn't meant for this pack and she had known it from the beginning and decided to take this opportunity while everyone was distracted to leave this dreadful pack.

Although her fear set in; the grey female ran as fast as she possibly could; hoping and praying that they were all occupied with the buffalo to notice her abandoning the pack.
Hunter: 1/5

Máscara del diablo
461 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
The beast spun, turning pn Black Hat and the masked woman saw her shot.
The eyes were the first cue, rolling whites searching for the source of the pain, then the weight shifted to turn on Black Hat.
She charged forward, leaping upon the creature, her jaws clamping into its neck, nails scrabbling against it for purchase to pull or aid stability. Either would be appreciated.

She growled with determination. This wasn't going to last much longer at this rate, especially is Alison or any of the others that were in the right position to do so took up another position similar to Vanity's. 
She just hoped that the kid was keeping out from under the feet of the thing. She didn't have the time to tell him to keep back but hoped he was as insolent to do try and copy her. Though if he was, it'd only make them stronger.
Besides, why did she decide to take up responsibility for it? Surely it was Vengeance's issue.

The vexing thoughts made her crush her jaws closer together, drawing a bellow from the beast.
She wasn't letting go.