Sun Mote Copse The scene is dead.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,975 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fig shot after the slinky little intruder, so Towhee stopped to watch and cheer for him. As she observed her son, not without a note of pride, the current topic segued in her head and she caught herself wondering whether Fen would've reacted the same way, if she was here instead of Fig. Would she have noticed the fox and been able to give chase?

Plenty of others might've pointed out that there was no way Fennec could react as quickly as a sighted wolf. But Towhee believed in her, more than Fen believed in herself, partly out of bravado on her daughter's behalf. Just because she was different didn't mean she couldn't kick the world's ass, just like Towhee had spent her life proving. But it was partly out of a sort of maternal desperation too, because the other option was to believe Fen was out there, defenseless, helpless and struggling.

No, she couldn't bear that thought for a variety of reasons. It was why she also put faith in Penn to look out for her daughter, because what other choice did she have? Although Towhee missed Fennec terribly, she wanted her daughter to be able to live a full and normal life, without restrictions. Maybe that was overly optimistic and that wasn't usually the Regent's style. But for Fennec (and Figment, Meerkat and the chiblings too), Towhee would give anything, including blind (pun intended) faith.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
The scene is dead. - by Towhee - April 28, 2020, 11:37 AM
RE: The scene is dead. - by Figment - May 01, 2020, 03:36 PM
RE: The scene is dead. - by Towhee - May 03, 2020, 03:28 PM
RE: The scene is dead. - by Figment - May 03, 2020, 07:07 PM
RE: The scene is dead. - by Towhee - May 03, 2020, 07:34 PM
RE: The scene is dead. - by Figment - May 04, 2020, 06:24 PM
RE: The scene is dead. - by Towhee - May 04, 2020, 06:31 PM
RE: The scene is dead. - by Figment - May 05, 2020, 05:17 PM
RE: The scene is dead. - by Towhee - May 06, 2020, 09:51 AM
RE: The scene is dead. - by Figment - May 17, 2020, 03:23 PM
RE: The scene is dead. - by Towhee - May 18, 2020, 03:08 PM