Redhawk Caldera Metanoia.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,034 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Only one of the two names was familiar and it wasn't anyone she knew personally. Towhee felt a measure of relief, though she frowned. What had happened to them? Were the deaths related or was it just like that saying about death coming in threes? She almost asked, then she remembered what Bridget had said about her skill set not being particularly required, as well as, "but sometimes there's really nothing you can do, when it's time." That made it sound like it wasn't illness or injury, just natural causes of one kind or another that couldn't be helped or prevented.

All she could really say was, "Sorry for your losses."

Ah, yes, her name was Teya. As far as she went, Towhee only had hearsay to go by. She said nothing, though she silently agreed; she was also grateful Rue had been able to deescalate the situation. While she stayed quiet, she observed the troubled look that passed over the medic's face and was just about to inquire about it when Bridget distracted her with a question of her own.

"Yes, that's him," the Sovereign replied. Where she lacked in tone, she usually made up with her expressions. But her face remained blank. Especially after everything she had been through lately, she actually hadn't given him much thought. She knew he'd made a couple of attempts to come speak to her, only to be stopped at the borders.

Recalling Bridget's piqued look a moment ago, she explained, "I caught him throttling one of our kids, so I kicked him to the curb." With all the losses she'd suffered, should she have hesitated on willfully tossing another out of the fold? She couldn't help the intrusive thought, nor the voice that always answered itself by saying, What rational explanation is there for attacking a toddler?

"Anyway," Towhee said, interrupting her own inner voice to admit, "I don't know how he knows Teya or where he is right now."
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Metanoia. - by Towhee - July 20, 2021, 05:32 PM
RE: Metanoia. - by Bridget - July 23, 2021, 01:52 AM
RE: Metanoia. - by Towhee - July 23, 2021, 08:47 AM
RE: Metanoia. - by Bridget - July 23, 2021, 09:08 AM
RE: Metanoia. - by Towhee - July 23, 2021, 10:10 AM
RE: Metanoia. - by Bridget - July 23, 2021, 10:33 AM
RE: Metanoia. - by Towhee - July 23, 2021, 12:03 PM
RE: Metanoia. - by Bridget - July 23, 2021, 03:22 PM
RE: Metanoia. - by Towhee - July 25, 2021, 12:00 PM
RE: Metanoia. - by Bridget - July 25, 2021, 07:31 PM
RE: Metanoia. - by Towhee - July 25, 2021, 08:15 PM