Duck Lake aanniqtuq ☀
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,144 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
the man seemed shocked, a gasp rising to his lips. kuktux did not understand; her ears fell back in confusion as he spoke of being taken, of her own offer not stemming from consent. was it because she was thin? the girl frowned. with good food and rest, she would be restored. or perhaps it was her age. there were many reasons a man might refuse a woman, but having a wife was not among them.

"it is good to have a husband," the girl murmured shyly, watching him through her lashes. "you can hunt. you called the fish's spirit to you. you are blessed. it would not be a bad thing to be your wife," she explained, hoping he would understand how differently she saw her invitation. it was of her own volition; she would not offer herself to a weak man, nor to one who was cruel. death was preferable. among her people, a woman was allowed to choose her own mate. men offered a price to her father, but she would be the one who decided. and the ivory girl had made the dark man her choice.

"i do not mind being second wife," kukutux declared, pride rising in her verdant gaze as she raised her chin to look at him again. "i have twelve moons, and in the turning of twelve more, i will give you sons." perhaps he did not wish to wait that long, but what was a second wife if not a helper for his first children? "i can keep your home clean and peaceful. i will dry fish for the winter months. i will bring berries and herbs to your hearth, and come to your bed when you wish me."

her voice shook in the thin cold air, but this was necessary. the man had provided her a bride price and offered her a home. with no father or grandfather, kuktux must barter her own way. perhaps the way of more than one wife was not done here — if so, she did not understand. one wife provided sons, more provided a greater number. her own mate would have taken another wife in time, and kukutux would have brought her into their ulaq as sister.

aware that she could press this stranger beyond his limit, the girl dipped her head gently in a silent show of gratitude.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
Messages In This Thread
aanniqtuq ☀ - by Kukutux - January 24, 2019, 10:05 AM
RE: aanniqtuq ☀ - by Cry - January 24, 2019, 03:56 PM
RE: aanniqtuq ☀ - by Kukutux - January 24, 2019, 05:04 PM
RE: aanniqtuq ☀ - by Cry - January 24, 2019, 05:42 PM
RE: aanniqtuq ☀ - by Kukutux - January 24, 2019, 05:54 PM
RE: aanniqtuq ☀ - by Cry - January 24, 2019, 06:41 PM
RE: aanniqtuq ☀ - by Kukutux - January 24, 2019, 07:01 PM
RE: aanniqtuq ☀ - by Cry - January 25, 2019, 09:43 AM
RE: aanniqtuq ☀ - by Kukutux - January 25, 2019, 01:54 PM
RE: aanniqtuq ☀ - by Cry - January 25, 2019, 02:46 PM