Ghost Lion Crag In the hall of the mountain king.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,975 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She saw movement out of the corner of her eye. In that split second before Towhee turned her head, she registered black and her heart leaped into her throat. It wasn't Sugar but could it be... Phox? Fig? The hope snuffed out in the next heartbeat, as her eyes settled on a stranger. Then she inhaled sharply, a different kind of familiarity hitting and momentarily stunning her.

Her lips parted and the first syllable of her old comrade's name caught in her throat so that what came out was a croaked, "Dra?" Towhee lifted onto all fours, movements tentative for another handful of heartbeats, before she read Hydra's body language and eagerly closed the distance. Her tail waved even as she tried to pinpoint their last meeting. It had been so long ago, she couldn't even be sure when.

When it felt like much of the earth had crumbled away beneath her feet (quite literally, in some cases), stranding her on a precipice, seeing Hydra steadied her. "It's good to see you," Towhee said, her breath catching. It was really good to see her, actually, someone else who'd remained a rock steady fixture all these years, even if they only saw one another only sparingly and sometimes in passing. "I'm sure a lot's happened since we last spoke," she added thoughtfully, coming to a standstill a foot or two before reaching out to sniff noses.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
In the hall of the mountain king. - by Towhee - December 03, 2019, 02:40 PM
RE: In the hall of the mountain king. - by Hydra - December 03, 2019, 02:53 PM
RE: In the hall of the mountain king. - by Towhee - December 03, 2019, 03:59 PM
RE: In the hall of the mountain king. - by Hydra - December 03, 2019, 04:30 PM
RE: In the hall of the mountain king. - by Towhee - December 03, 2019, 05:34 PM
RE: In the hall of the mountain king. - by Hydra - December 03, 2019, 06:34 PM
RE: In the hall of the mountain king. - by Towhee - December 03, 2019, 06:50 PM
RE: In the hall of the mountain king. - by Hydra - December 03, 2019, 10:27 PM
RE: In the hall of the mountain king. - by Towhee - December 03, 2019, 10:57 PM
RE: In the hall of the mountain king. - by Hydra - December 04, 2019, 10:34 AM
RE: In the hall of the mountain king. - by Towhee - December 09, 2019, 12:19 PM