Moonsong Glacier Dreams of what I once claimed to know.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,144 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
kukutux had come away from wraen; she had stumbled down the edge of silvertip and made her way toward the icebound glacier where she had last met arcturus. tears blurred her vision to think of him; the duck swore to herself that her mind would pine for him no longer. let him be off with his ill-made companion. let him forsake moonspear fully. 

the snowbird knew that when he heard the words of the woman he had chosen, he would be angered. and so she prepared herself for it, wiping her tears aside with an angry gesture, thinking of what she might say.

her trek through moonsong was not complete when the heavy scent of blood and of torn flesh rose upon the wind. revui; rage craving through her veins as she tracked him as though he were a wounded caribou.

a child at his side; kukutux drew to a rigid stop, wet eyes staring. was this one of his? but the longer she watched the more it seemed the pup had no resemblance. "you want to die, revui?" the snow-wife shouted through the cold air, striding toward his downed figure with towering hackles. had she not only just put him together again? what sorrow in him drove the trader to the teeth of wolves time and time and time after time?

a gulp of air; her practiced gaze cast about helplessly for any sign of plantlife that might aid her endless questing to keep this vicious fool alive. "you. go to find me the small white flowers that grow in the ice," she commanded of the strange sitting boy, bitter and wrapped in her own grief. or leave. she herself went to revui, muttering a prayer beneath her breath as she bent over him again. "if you want a death, i will give you the red plant," she hissed into his ear upon the end of a sob. easier then, for him as well; to breathe his last here instead of rushing bullheaded into the jaws of yet another wolf.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
Messages In This Thread
Dreams of what I once claimed to know. - by Revui (Ghost) - November 03, 2020, 05:45 PM
RE: Dreams of what I once claimed to know. - by Caerus - November 04, 2020, 11:55 AM
RE: Dreams of what I once claimed to know. - by Kukutux - November 04, 2020, 07:31 PM
RE: Dreams of what I once claimed to know. - by Caerus - November 04, 2020, 11:52 PM
RE: Dreams of what I once claimed to know. - by Keres - November 05, 2020, 03:39 AM
RE: Dreams of what I once claimed to know. - by Kukutux - November 05, 2020, 09:34 AM
RE: Dreams of what I once claimed to know. - by Keres - November 05, 2020, 10:41 AM
RE: Dreams of what I once claimed to know. - by Kukutux - November 05, 2020, 11:32 AM
RE: Dreams of what I once claimed to know. - by Keres - November 05, 2020, 01:04 PM
RE: Dreams of what I once claimed to know. - by Kukutux - November 05, 2020, 02:04 PM
RE: Dreams of what I once claimed to know. - by Keres - November 05, 2020, 11:50 PM