Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,975 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Sorry 'bout the sloppy tags, y'all.

Towhee's life was a dumpster fire. @Wraen was dead, @Reyes was gone, @Ruenna was away and Meerkat was missing. She was pretty sure @Caracal wasn't rabid—which meant his father hadn't been ill, just psychotic—but some days, she swore all three of her youngest kids hated her. And now the air was literally scorching.

She moved Caracal, @Tierra and @Sphyra downhill to stay closer to Tailfeather Creek, choosing a spot near a shallow bend for safety's sake. Towhee spent a lot of time ankle deep in the water, alternating between drinking and panting in an effort to stay cool. She didn't patrol as much, in part because of the weather but also because there was no one readily available to watch the trio.

They were definitely old enough to be left alone for a few hours at a time, Towhee knew, but it was kind of difficult after everything. And Tierra's penchant for sneaking away didn't help. So she let her duties fall by the wayside and just tried to keep her shit together enough to be there for her kids... even as she reminded herself every damn day that it was only a matter of time before they left too. And not just for a few hours or days or weeks: for good.

Just now, it all became a bit too much. Calling for @Āzon or @Sifaka to please come keep an eye on Caracal and the twins, Towhee sloshed out of the creek and gave herself a break to go visit @Fennec and Killdeer. Those moments where she could steal away to snuffle her grandson's little forehead were some of the only times when everything didn't hurt.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread